[Rumor] LG Nexus Device to Launch Oct 29 with 8GB Storage for Only $399 Unlocked

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Folks need to stop buying phones with no SD slot. That's the only was to let them know we don't like that....

tc1

Reaction score
Folks need to stop buying phones with no SD slot. That's the only was to let them know we don't like that....

They are trying to make people rely on streaming files, media, etc.

But with data caps and the battery drain that streaming invokes, " its not going to happen.

Even if adding a sd card slot added to the production cost(I doubt by much) people would still rather pay a little bit extra for it.

But ok, omit the sd card slot.... But bump up the internal storage..... Because I know that really has little impact on production costs.

Makes no sense... HD screen = HD movies..... Aren't most HD movies about 8 gigs in size?

Blue Ray rips are much larger I believe.

Last edited:

djspy

Reaction score
They are trying to make people rely on streaming files, media, etc.

But with data caps and the battery drain that streaming invokes, " its not going to happen.

Even if adding a sd card slot added to the production cost(I doubt by much) people would still rather pay a little bit extra for it.

But ok, omit the sd card slot.... But bump up the internal storage..... Because I know that really has little impact on production costs.

Makes no sense... HD screen = HD movies..... Aren't most HD movies about 8 gigs in size?

Tell that to Apple. Dont they charge and extra $100 for 16gigs extra?

52brandon

Reaction score

depends on the file type. I don't think the lack of SD and removable battery has as much to do with cost as it does with size. As previously stated, it's only a rumor thus far. We'll see what's reality soon enough

tc1

Reaction score
depends on the file type. I don't think the lack of SD and removable battery has as much to do with cost as it does with size. As previously stated, it's only a rumor thus far. We'll see what's reality soon enough

I'll understand the non removable battery is a design decision, and but whether you have 8 gigs or 64 gigs of internal storage, the size stays the same.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Tillmorn said:
I'll answer based on the limited word I've been hearing lately.

1) There is large speculation that Verizon will not carry another Nexus device due to the disagreements between them and Google. Add in the fact that Verizon prefers to load up phones with their services and trials and it doesn't surprise me that this is the case. After all, the Galaxy Nexus was Verizon's first "Pure Android" device since the OG Droid. There is also the problem of the Galaxy Nexus not selling well on Verizon, in large part due to them keeping it at the $299 price point in an attempt to push people towards other phones long after their other "top tier" devices had dropped in price (which is why I don't have one).

2) Our best guess is that Google is really pushing for more of their cloud based services when it comes to media consumption, document access, etc. The problem here then ties into the new Shared Data Plans that both Verizon and AT&T have released. Honestly, I could probably pull of 16gb on Sprint of T-Mobile. It would not be a fun experience though, and personally, I lament the fact that Google is moving in the direction of a small storage capacity.

At the end of the day...No removable battery and no expansion slot means this device is a no go for me, regardless of any great online price it may be.

I didn't hear about the disagreement with VZ and Google. I was curious about why LTE wasn't mentioned. As for the storage, that still don't add up. Even for a Nexus device in terms of development. Now I'm wondering why is there a 32gb Nexus 7 coming out.
Huh.

comk4ver

Reaction score
What are the chances of verizon bringing back the unlimited family data plan for $30? It seems more likely that verizon will flat out not bring any more nexus phones then I will be leaving to t-Mobile... I'm sorry I have a droid x with a grandfathered in unlimited data plan and I can't upgrade because I fear will lose my data plan even if I buy a phone through eBay or Craigslist I shouldn't have to tiptoe around to avoid the new contract! t-Mobile is offering unlimited everything for $50 and I get to divide the cost of the phone for two years? Count me sold specially when gsm phones get faster upgrades and with less hassles than cdma phones!

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Rather astonishing there is no ext-sd slot. Even if they shipped it without a card, that could be acceptable.

npro1464

Reaction score
Im extremely interested in seeing what they do with the GSM GNex after this launches. If it goes down to $250 or even $200, there might be a bigger freakout than when the Touchpads went on sale for $100.

forum8417

Reaction score
nope i want 32 gig of storage and a phone that comes with a 3,000 mAh battery and wireless charging and the name nexus in it, thats not so much to ask. oh and has to have quad core and 2 gigs of RAM

drew96dawg

Reaction score
nope i want 32 gig of storage and a phone that comes with a 3,000 mAh battery and wireless charging and the name nexus in it, thats not so much to ask. oh and has to have quad core and 2 gigs of RAM

They would rather sell them through the play store unsubsidized and most people will pay 400 for a phone but phone would pay 700-900 which is what phones with those kind of specs cost such as the note 2

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2