[Rumor] Leaked Picture May Hint at a New Droid RAZR Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-Droid-Razr-Photo.jpg

This story should definitely be taken with a "whole carton of salt", but supposedly, the leaked picture above is from a phone that may end up being a Droid RAZR. Apparently, according to this highly suspect rumor, Motorola is not only considering reviving the RAZR as an Android device, but they have already built it. According to the report, the shot above isn't a picture of this mythical Droid RAZR, but was actually taken from a device with that moniker. Here's a quote from the PhoneArena article with a few more tidbits,
Apparently, the EXIF info for the original image points to it being taken using a Motorola DROID RAZR, a phone which not only isn't out, but hasn't even been officially announced or rumored before. There is a chance that this is the same Streamline device we saw leaked on the Motorola web site redesign, but the only connection there is the fact that any DROID RAZR will undoubtedly be a very thin device.
Hmmm... what do you guys think? Is a resurrected RAZR, powered by Android worth doing? Here's an unrelated and old picture of a Droid next to a RAZR to get your imagination going...

Shot-from-a-DROID-RAZR-leaked.jpg

Source: Android.net via PhoneArena

Last edited:

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Considering its sitting next to a D1 I would say probably not, now if it was sitting next to a bionic I'd say theres a good chance the story is valid.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering its sitting next to a D1 I would say probably not, now if it was sitting next to a bionic I'd say theres a good chance the story is valid.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

The picture below is not the picture from the story. That is just an old pic of the two phones next to each other, and is unrelated. The above pic is supposedly taken from a working prototype of a Droid RAZR.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I loved the razr brand. Had both the v3m and v9m (Razr and Razr 2). The v9m was the best phone I owned. Build quality was amazing and the calls were outstanding.

I for one am interested to see this further unfold.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will it be a flip phone is the question? Has their been an android flip phone yet? I am sure I am just blanking here but I can't think of any.

EFGantry

Reaction score
the guys over at HoFo have been intimating that the Droid HD will not be named the Droid HD when it is released, and it will not look like what we saw in the leaked pics a while back. instead, Moto is keeping this device under pretty tight wraps. What does that have to do with the Droid RAZR you ask?! well, some have been speculating that the DHD could actually end up being the Droid RAZR, and that it may have a form factor similar to those leaked Moto renderings a few months back ( motorola slimline - Google Search ) if this would turn out to be true, Moto would have big winner on its hands.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I remember having a samsung phone, this was at least 10 years ago that had a front facing camera, was one of the first phones with a color screen. Cant remember the name of it or if it even had one, may have just been like SCH something... I thought it was so cool back then.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't even know how to feel about this.... I would it is more likely that someone thought they would be clever and modify their EXIF data on their phone to tag all of their phones to be taken by a Droid Razr than anything else. That plus the dimensions on the picture just don't make sense to me... what camera takes 338x600 picture? It also doesn't seem like a size that one would crop to. But that is just me being skeptical.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
This "leaked photo" stuff is starting to get stupid if you ask me. These aren't UFO's, stop being silly and just take a clear picture. That's my two cents that aren't even worth that much in today's economy. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ABQNM

Reaction score
When the droid Startac coming out? :p Nice find DG!

Haha I posted something like that a few months ago asking for a Droid StarTAC. I have no idea where though... It would be interesting to see how they do it.