[Rumor] HP Planning Return to Tablet Market with Tegra 4 Android Tablet & Phone

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hp-android-tablet.jpg

Here's an exciting bit of intel from late last night. Apparently, HP is going to jump back into the tablet market in a big way, and they intend to do it with a Tegra 4 equipped Android tablet. What's even more intriguing is the info source also suggests we will eventually see an HP Android smartphone as well. Supposedly, their tablet has actually been in the works since Thanksgiving of last year.

Despite this news, we can surmise that if we do see an HP Android tablet, it won't be anytime soon this year. If they are going to run with the Tegra 4 chip, they will have to wait until the fall, because NVIDIA themselves just shared that it won't be shipping until July. Still, it's possible we will see an Android tablet with an HP logo on it before the end of the year. More than likely the HP Android smartphone won't be come a reality until sometime next year.

What do you guys think? Would you consider either an HP tablet or an HP smartphone if they ran Android?

Source: TheVerge

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
< already has a HP Android tablet :D

Runs quit well too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Rumors are always good for Wednesday mornings :)...

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't it Thursday though? Or do I have my days confused again? :blink:

Oh yeah... the original story was from Wednesday. Now I get it smalltowngirl13. Doh! :D