[Rumor] Google Having Problems Getting Nexus 6 Name; Might Default to Nexus X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6-blade-runner.jpg

We aren't sure what to make of this one, because there are not enough facts presented to make complete sense just yet. Despite that, this rumor is still worth sharing just in case. Supposedly, Google is having problems negotiating for the Nexus 6 name for their next smartphone. Because of this, they may end up having to default to the Nexus X name.

The odd part of this is trying to figure out who it is they would need to negotiate with to get the Nexus 6. We suppose it could be either Ridley Scott or Warner Bros., because of the Nexus 6 name used in the movie "Blade Runner," but that is just random speculation.

Ultimately, it wouldn't be too disappointing if licensing the Nexus 6 name fell through, since the Nexus X name sounds pretty slick too. Either way, most of us here in the forums don't really care about the name, just as long as the device is solid and cutting edge.

Here's our Nexus 6 section for more discussions: Motorola Nexus 6 Android Forums at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

Briankbl

Reaction score
Moto X
One X
Maxx

I think "X" is getting a little played out...

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Haha.

Sent from my XT1060

hradek422

Reaction score
This seems like a marketing gold-mine here. Blade Runner was a classic. They've been doing remakes of all the classic movies, so why not remake this one, give the Nexus 6 a spot in the movie, and market the Nexus 6 like it's a living device, gaining more life experience the longer it lives. They could even make a Blade Runner edition of it. I know the Nexus 6 wasn't a phone, but still. They could make this happen.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They should just call it the neXus

IsixedThat