Rumor: Gingerbread is Android 2.3 and coming out Nov 11

xmguy

Reaction score

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually there has been speculation back and forth as to whether the d1 will get an official update due to possible hardware limitations but its all up in the air.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

And the discussions that come from that speculation indicate that D1 will receive the update for Gingerbread. I've heard this also from good sources.

Im certain that the droid will get some form of gingerbread. Without some of the functions though. Due to limited hardware specs.
I would also like to know who is calling 2.3 gingerbread. From what I heard it would be either 2.5 or 3.0.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im certain that the droid will get some form of gingerbread. Without some of the functions though. Due to limited hardware specs.
I would also like to know who is calling 2.3 gingerbread. From what I heard it would be either 2.5 or 3.0.

I don't know, but I know that's wrong.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most recent I have heard 2.3 and 3.0 will be reserved for H/C although who really knows - as far as the thread title, at least it say's "Rumor" - those things are never true anyways :D

Sent from my Droid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I don't know, but I know that's wrong.

I was speaking unofficially of corse. Via roms from our great devs. Sorry for the misconception hook.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Hook was referring to the version numbers because the Original Droid will see some G/B - from the Devs if nothing else, unless one of the requirements to run GingerBread is a locked bootloader, in that case us Original D owners will be Out of Luck :wink:

Sent from my Droid

brianes99

Reaction score
If the time line is the same

Froyo came out about 3 months+ after the first "rumored" date came and went...so excuse me if I don't hold my breath.