[Rumor] Amazon to Release Kindle Fire Successor and 10-inch Version This Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
amazon-devices-logo-extra.png

Sources within Amazon's supply chain are reporting that the massive online retailer has abandoned its plans for an 8.9-inch kindle fire but instead is working on a 7-inch successor that it hopes to launch later this year. The sources also mentioned that the 10-inch Kindle Fire codenamed: Hollywood is still in the works with its release planned for later this year. No details were given on the device's specifications (camera anyone?) or what prices to expect when they finally launch, but we will keep you updated and let you know if this becomes more than just a rumor.

If so, it will be interesting to see how Amazon's new tablets stack up against the competition. Let us know what you think of this rumor.

By eDogNights

Source: AndroidTablets.net via Amazon Looking To Release Kindle Fire Sequel and 10-inch Version Later This Year [Rumor]

Reaction score
Makes me wish I would have waited!! Oh well, same with anything else, always something new.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the Kindle Fire is not Honeycomb or ICS then this will be a big FAIL. I have schools and businesses clamoring to buy the original Kindle Fire, but because it doesn't support proxy configurations, it's useless.