rubix 1.8.9 addons?

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok so i have reinstalled rubix and fixed the issue with the contact backups, so im using Google to fix that issue as far as the radio im using last.fm app so im good there as well, so my question is what other addons can i install to make my experience more unique lol, like example is there anyway of pulling out the 928BGX facebook and twitter mods and use them with my current system? im just trying to get the most out of my system so please if theres any mods that you know of that are compatible with rubix 1.8 and black juice v3 let me know thanks guys...

bmali22

Reaction score
How is your battery life with that rom? I was having serious issues with battery life.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
so far so good i just had to calibrate the battery and reset the battery to make sure its accurate. also depends on what you have running...

bmali22

Reaction score
Jrummy low voltage overclocked to 1.3.... My battery would only last 4-5 hours even after a battery reset. I loved the rom it was super fast but
when you have no battery what good is it

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
maybe thats why your battery is running out, even though you have it at low voltage having the cpu overclocked @ 1.3 is actually using a bit power to perform on that level. i tend to keep mines at 1.2 or 1.0 when im not doing much and i used ulv or lv, also look around on the forums on battery saving tips, also remember that once you do the reset and battery calibration it takes time to get normal levels just have to b patient.

also watch your apps that you use as some use more resources...

Last edited:

bmali22

Reaction score
Its governed at 1.3 - 400 at a on demand setting.... I use adw with it is that bad? I have the same setup rooted and oc'd and my battery will last all day under average to heavy use. So I don't understand why the battery life sucks so bad when I have rubix for my rom

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
thats pretty much the same setup as mine hmmm do u have any task killers? and do you have antivirus on if so that could be one of the things that is killing ur battery, also try checking if you have anything that updates constantly that also will kill your battery...i also have the extended battery so it last a lil bit more than the stock one.

here are some links hopefully this can e useful and helps with any issues you might have:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/94319-little-tip-better-battery-life.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/actngrezy/99860-battery.html

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/96692-battery-life-terrible.html

read these threads they have some good info..

Last edited:

bmali22

Reaction score
I run advanced task killer but why would that affect anything when I have the same exact setup on a stock root and the battery lasts all day on heavy use but only drains on average use with rubix to a horrible battery life

bmali22

Reaction score
Thank you for all the info... I have deleted my task killer but I think I will stick to stock root for now until a new update comes out for rubix

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok no problem if all fails maybe you should invest in a extended battery i have one my self and i dont regret it at all, it adds an extra 20% to ur stock battery that might help you out a bit also...

sooner2k1

Reaction score
How is your battery life with that rom? I was having serious issues with battery life.

My battery is bad, even when idle. Currently all my battery is being eaten up when i'm not using the phone. For example I could go to sleep at 11 with full battery, and wakup up at 7 with a dead battery, with nothing running in the background except my email (pulls every 30 minutes).

I think I heard that he knows there is an issue with battery life and is working on a fix with the next release. I don't think he has announced when the release is.