RSD Lite unsupported chipset error

skytbest

Reaction score
When ever I try to use RSD Lite with CM7 (Latest build) I get this error, anyone know why? I'm trying to SBF so I can use the CM7 on the Gingerbread kernel. Or is there another easy way to SBF other than RSD Lite?

Thanks

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use at least rsd 4.9 (5.3 is out now). Re dl the drivers definitely. That should help. Make sure the bootloader is cool. It'll say OK to program.

CM7GB-601

roblusk71

Reaction score
I would just use ezsbf bootable for d2. It's easier and seems to work more often.

Edit:
Here is the link

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/161849-tool-ezsbf.html
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

skytbest

Reaction score
4.9 worked, thanks! Thing is, when I sbf'd to gingerbread i got stuck in a bootloop and did the factory reset thing to get out of it. Now I'm back on froyo, is this what the factory reset did? How can I avoid this?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
A bootloop after an sbf is not abnormal. Just reset and you're goods to go. Sometimes it happens to me, sometimes not. No biggie.
Now that's you're on froyo, go to about phone to get the ota.

CM7GB-601

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
A bootloop after an sbf is not abnormal. Just reset and you're goods to go. Sometimes it happens to me, sometimes not. No biggie.

CM7GB-601

I don't know how many times I heard people say they sbf'd over and over because they didn't know this..I wished I knew who it was that spread the false info saying also that if it takes over 30seconds to reboot then sbf again...hell, it can reboot over a few minutes and boot just fine...must let it finish...it will say reboot your phone manually I believe, but mine will usually already be rebooted....

My D2 is miles ahead of me running Cm7GB(OTAkernel)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM7GB-601

By the way..you are so right on that! :)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey bro! Is the update officially released now on d2G? I thought it was..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I heard about the soak test, but not an ota. I could be wrong of course.

CM7GB-601