Rovio Announces Angry Birds Rio to be Amazon App Store Exclusive

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
angry-birds-rio-android-amazon-appstore.jpg

The Amazon App store is trying to jump into the app store game in a big way. They have secured exclusivity rights to Rovio's newest bird-flinging, pig smushing game, Angry Birds - Rio. Furthermore, while moving over to Amazon’s new system, Rovio also intends to offer ad-free versions of its existing Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons for Android games for the first time ever. This is a pretty huge win for Amazon to get hold of one of the hottest selling games ever, on the Android Market. Angry Birds Rio will ship with 60 levels, and have more available for purchase within the game using an in-app purchase system.

Source: SlashGear via Angry Birds Rio for Android to Debut Exclusively in the Amazon Appstore - Full Press Release

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Personally I'm not looking forward to the app fragmentation this may cause, I don't want to have to check multiple app markets for updates or new apps...

commodore_dude

Reaction score
Personally I'm not looking forward to the app fragmentation this may cause, I don't want to have to check multiple app markets for updates or new apps...

+1. 2 weeks in and I'm quite happy with the standard app market, thanks.

Sherry

Reaction score
I discovered yesterday that you have to leave the Amazon App on your phone in order to play any of their apps, and it can't be moved to the SD card. I will not be using their app in the future.
Sent from my Thunderbolt