Rooting

dave52355

Reaction score
I've gone from D1 to D2. Th D1 was rooted and OC'd. So far I have not felt the need for my D2 to be rooted. Seems to do what it needs to do. However the urge to root is strong in me and my resistance is growing weak. If I do root do I have to load the modified boot loader, or can I just install those rooted apps I miss from my D1?

Thanks

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no modified D2 bootloader. Get z4root, and don't look back.

detox

Reaction score
I've gone from D1 to D2. Th D1 was rooted and OC'd. So far I have not felt the need for my D2 to be rooted. Seems to do what it needs to do. However the urge to root is strong in me and my resistance is growing weak. If I do root do I have to load the modified boot loader, or can I just install those rooted apps I miss from my D1?

Thanks

There is a Droid 2 recovery bootstrap in the market for $2. Well worth the money

detoXatappin on my X

OP
D

dave52355

Reaction score
I did the rom route with my D1 but they always seemed to have some little quirk and I'd end up back with rooted stock. We live up in the mountains fairly isolated. No one here to impress or hit with the " WOW " factor. :) Heck I have not seen another Droid or Iphone in months.

detox

Reaction score
I did the rom route with my D1 but they always seemed to have some little quirk and I'd end up back with rooted stock. We live up in the mountains fairly isolated. No one here to impress or hit with the " WOW " factor. :) Heck I have not seen another Droid or Iphone in months.

That's too bad. You missing out on some liberty! Its not about looks. Its about performance...and looks :)

detoXatappin on my X