Rooting with sdcard

BIGDOGDROID

Reaction score
I just got the droid wanted to know if my friend can take his sd card out of his ROOTED DROID and put it in mine to root it then put my sdcard back. Will this work.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No not until he get su permissions. Now if he use rsdlite to get 2.1 sprecovery, then you could make a nandroid backup. Then all he would have to do is restore that nandroid backup on his phone, just like we all did to get 2.2.

gszeman

Reaction score
Rooting has nothing to do with the sdcard other than it can store files that you can use to help you root. I suggest you read up on what rooting is and how to root before you attempt it. There are about 5,999,983 posts on rooting in this forum...take some time to read up before you mod your phone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now you do not have to necessarily take your sdcard out. Make a nandroid backup, then copy the nandroid file on the computer you or he is using. Once he get super user and sprecovery he can open his folder and copy that filr and put it in his nandroid folder. Reboost into recovery, and restore nandroid backup.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lets say I make a nandroid backup of what my phone is runnning. When you restore that backup you get the 2.2 rom I am on and my 1 ghz oc kernel. Now that can be bad because each processor on these droids are diff. A low voltage 1ghz processor make work perfect on my droid, but make your droid boot loop like crazy. He needs to know and understand the process and where to find the info. Because if you have a rom that is already o/c and later you start getting a lot of random reboots, then he is going to have to figure out where to get another kernel.