rooting. should I?

breezybrea69

Reaction score
So I am debating whether or not to root my droid 3. Im on my phone quite a bit and do various tasks. So I am wondering if it would be worth it to root my phone or not. Please help me decide if it would be worth it or not. Thank you!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Being on the phone "quite a bit" doesn't constitute needing to root.

Do you like to tinker with other electronic devices? Know some about computers?
If so, I may say yes. It's rather easy and once you do it, you won't want a phone without it.

By the same token, if you never have it, you won't want it.

However, you can get yourself in trouble quickly once you root and try other things. That is something you have to prepare yourself for.

OP
B

breezybrea69

Reaction score
Thank you! Ya I tinker withsome electronic devices and do know some about computers. If I root it I can go back to stock if I decide I do not care for it, right?!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you mean with your Droid 3 in your profile? Yes there are ways back to stock from root and more. Always good to read about those things and how to use them first if that even comes to play.

will17721

Reaction score
i very much would root because it allows you options youve never had before. and plus there are tons of ways to customize your phone with roms and others. i very much love my rooted phone. so i say go ahead and do it.