rooting questions

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I have finally decided to root my Note 2 SCH-1605 with 4.11 but I have read conflicting information and not sure which videos are accurate. I have only had Moto products in the past and was able to use a 1 click process. What is the best way to root the Note 2. what other info should I know or have? which rom are you using and why?

Thanks in advance

newbroot83

Reaction score
I have finally decided to root my Note 2 SCH-1605 with 4.11 but I have read conflicting information and not sure which videos are accurate. I have only had Moto products in the past and was able to use a 1 click process. What is the best way to root the Note 2. what other info should I know or have? which rom are you using and why?

Thanks in advance

If you are looking to rom, then the no you version is definitely it. With the note 2 you have to unlock the bootloader in order to add a rom. Luckily the no you version is a one click method. I did unlock mine, but never needed a new rom or kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I appreciate the reply but I am interested in doing more than just changing roms.

I am a little surprised with the # of views there has only been the 1 reply. Is there a better place to ask the questions? should I try another forum? am I not asking the right questions

newbroot83

Reaction score
What specifically are you wanting to do. Replace the kernel? The radio?

To do much of anything with these phones outside of stock you must root and unlock the bootloader. The only way I know for sure to do so is the no you version. There are other ways to root, but you pretty much cant do anything on this device that way. Verizon locks the device and you get a pretty little triangle twlling you to go to a verizon store and tell them what you did. I guess im just not catching what you are wanting to do. Maybe if youre a little more specific some of the big guns will give you more direction. But from what youve written so far, the no you version is your only real choice

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!

newbroot83

Reaction score
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024207

You stated you are on the 4.1.1 and not the 4.1.2. I would go ahead and update before unlocking the bootloader, but its up to you. This link is the step by step for the 4.1.1 on xda developer's. Just make sure whichever you decide, you use the one geared for your os. Bkdodger talked me through alot of my goof ups. There is a huge ongoing thread on xdadevelopers.com for just this sort of thing. Im pretty much the low man on the totem pole lol. One thing to make sure of is that your security software is completely disabled. Windows 7 is pretty much a must too.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Thank you so much for your help!! I know all information starts at xda and then makes its way to the other forums, but with my recent medical issues xda was just too much for me to take in...having the right link in xda has been a huge help thank you again!!!

newbroot83

Reaction score
Anytime at all. Like I said, I dont know much at all. I have went through the unlock process and it can be a bit touchy. But it's extremely easy as long as you follow step by step. Let me know if you need anything. God knows I screwed it up enough times to know a few of the tips lol.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I appreciate it. I know if I screw it up too badly, which I have been known to do on my past phones, if all else fails... I have a friend who can normally get me out of a jam. I just wont be seeing them for the next 2+ months.
I kinda wanna prove to myself, even if I need a little help, that I can still do these things.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Lol. As long as odin recognises your phone you can pretty much fix it. I would recommend looking up the process for going back to stock using odin. Its been a lifesaver for me. I bootlooped mine note 2 a couple of weeks ago and couldnt even get to recovery. The odin file saved me

newbroot83

Reaction score

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I ran into an error, [FONT=Titillium Web, Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]it says I am connected but I saw an error in the log.. I was just too beat to deal with it today so I figure I will send in the log in the next day or 2 [/FONT]

newbroot83

Reaction score
I ran into an error, [FONT=Titillium Web, Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]it says I am connected but I saw an error in the log.. I was just too beat to deal with it today so I figure I will send in the log in the next day or 2 [/FONT]

Most errors come from security not being totally disabled. Id start there