Rooting questions

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm new to rooting and just had a couple questions before I try to dive in and try it! Ive been reading through a lot of posts on here about how to root and such, just want to make sure im 100% correct and ready to go. I saw the auto root option and am in the process of downloading the files. Now, since Ive never done anything like this, is it really as simple as following a few popup screens? And once I complete that part, what else will I need to do to enjoy my thunderbolt to its potential? Im currently running Android version 2.2.1 with software number 1.13.605.7, they just updated it today and are sending me a new phone due to constant issues with freezing during texts/calls and not charging. Ive downloaded sms backup+ on my phone and went to the privacy settings to backup whatever else it backups, what about pics/videos? Music I'm not worried about losing, thats easy to restore. Anything else I need to know about or do before or after? I appreciate any and all help in advance!

razor02097

Reaction score
This is the guide I used to root last night.

[RS Guide] How to Root Your Thunderbolt

I have heard of a one click root for Mac users and a batch file for windows users. I would imagine the batch file automates the same process as the topic link above.

I've had the Thunderbolt for about 18 hours now so forgive me for the lack of information.

OP
D

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
I actually stumbled upon that same page later last night! I used this link:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thunderbolt-hacks/141936-auto-root-unroot-htc-thunderbolt.html

I attempted to root late last night and it worked briefly, then reset and returned back to its original state, minus my apps which are slowly reloading through the appstore. I'm gonna try again later today and try to find out where I went wrong, but to answer my own question, it really is as easy as following some prompts! Thanks again

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also used the link VolDroid posted and things went flawlessly.

OP
D

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
Well, this time Iwas successful in rooting so far, according to root checker. But now, when i try to download rom manager, it keeps saying download was unsuccessful, please try again. No matter how many times I try, no luck downloading. Any ideas?