rooting question

zoobdo

Reaction score
does rooting the phone delete anything? can i do it on my hone as it is now or do i need to format it i dont want to lose my contacts or anything

J

Johnly

No, you will backup your current phone state after sp recovery is installed.

OP
Z

zoobdo

Reaction score
so after i root it all my stuff will still be there? and is it possible with a mac? my virtual machine is being stupid

bugsmac9

Reaction score
Be careful, I rooted my droid and installed 2.1. Now my bluetooth doesn't work properly.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
does rooting the phone delete anything? can i do it on my hone as it is now or do i need to format it i dont want to lose my contacts or anything

Your contacts will be safe, they are in your gmail account, synced between phone and the web.

Yes it does delete stuff, but nothing you will notice by only rooting. Visit the hacking section and read the sticky threads until you understand how to root, how to make backups in case something goes wrong, and decide what you are rooting for so you can take a good path to get you your desired results.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Be careful, I rooted my droid and installed 2.1. Now my bluetooth doesn't work properly.

What rom are you running and what function/task were you unable to do via BT? I had several 2.1 roms and my BT worked.

Mike