Rooting my samsung galaxy s3

monkeyyboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know how i can root my phone the correct way? i tried doing it myself last night but it was a nightmare. this was what it said in the top left corner when i was in download mode:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-1747M
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (25 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
the phone i have is from rogers and unlocked. the version is 4.1.1.
Nothing worked, i kept getting the fail message and connection retry error in ODIN software. i spent like 3 hours searching for how to root my phone with trial and error tweakings and in the end just gave up and had it restored to the original state with all my data (thank god it wasnt deleted! as i didn't backup my stuff). the only reason i wanted to root my phone was so that i could connect my ps3 controller wirelessly to my SG3 :(. this was the tutorial i used DroidViews | Root Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware but it didn't work . i swear i did everything correctly. ya so if anyone can help that would be great. thanks!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how i can root my phone the correct way? i tried doing it myself last night but it was a nightmare. this was what it said in the top left corner when i was in download mode:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-1747M
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: Yes (25 counts)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: Official
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
the phone i have is from rogers and unlocked. the version is 4.1.1.
Nothing worked, i kept getting the fail message and connection retry error in ODIN software. i spent like 3 hours searching for how to root my phone with trial and error tweakings and in the end just gave up and had it restored to the original state with all my data (thank god it wasnt deleted! as i didn't backup my stuff). the only reason i wanted to root my phone was so that i could connect my ps3 controller wirelessly to my SG3 :(. this was the tutorial i used DroidViews | Root Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Firmware but it didn't work . i swear i did everything correctly. ya so if anyone can help that would be great. thanks!
I'm not certain what country you are in because the root procedure is different for whichever GS3 you have. I recommend you go over to our sister site that is all about the S3 and I'm sure you'll find the info you're looking for and very helpful people too. It is Galaxy S3 Forum - make sure you use the root method for your S3 because it will be bad news if you use the wrong one.

phil72

Reaction score
Let us know if you figure it out, I am a Rogers GS3 user as well in Ontario and want to root my phone. Good luck.

OP
M

monkeyyboy

Reaction score
ok i will let you guys know if i do. vulcan my country is Canada. thanks.

OP
M

monkeyyboy

Reaction score
sorry haven't replied in a while and thanks for trying to help out guys. Droidviews the apk file does not work on my phone. it says "ERROR: It seems your device or firmware is not exploitable at all (hurrah!), this app can't do anything useful for you" :(. still don't know what is the proper procedure to root my phone.

phil72

Reaction score
Droidviews
Your totally right it I only wish I had switched long ago, well the important thing is that I'm here now with my GS3 and loving it! Just have to do the rooting now then I'm all set.
I'm going to try the link and see if I have good luck as well.