ROOTing help please

moccor

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first Droid phone, and I need some help. I know about search ad everything, but with so many guides, I'm confused. I have a DroidX and it has 2.2 on it. I've read a lot of guides, and it seems like they all say different stuff... What I want to do is use the most safe way of rooting my DroidX, and maybe use some ROMs and themes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The easiest way to root your phone would be to use z4root. However I would wait for you to pick up the 2.2.1 update first.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

moccor

Reaction score
Is that also the safest method? I'm good with PC's, so I wouldn't mind doing the longer methods. It's just that theres so many different ways of going about rooting it. And I just want the safest method, because they all pretty much do the same thing, gain us access to the root.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes and that all pretty much safe. If you're ok with the long way there's the multiple phones link in my signature but realistically you might as well just use z4root.

tappin and a talkin

OP
M

moccor

Reaction score
So you recommend updating my phone to 2.2.1 (if it's possible, i'm not sure I've had it for 2days) And then using the z4root, and then using a backup guide to back anything up. May you please provide me with a link for z4root? I've searhed for it, but I don't seem to see a sticky. And don't trust random Google links for something like this.
Edit: I just updated to 2.2.1 , so I'll just try to find the z4root now then. If I find it and it works fine, I'l just edit again.
Well I have the z4Root installed. Thanks for the help. Even though it may seem like you didn't help, but seeing all these guides saying 'you must all all these drivers, this this and this, ect.' I didn't want to risk not having something, and bricking my brand new phone haha.

Last edited: