Rooting Dx2

neto1012

Reaction score
Rooting Dx2 with 2.3.3 without SBFing anytime soon...!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Cookie_Monster

Reaction score
what you mean can you? yes you can root 2.3.3 with out having to sbf back to froyo.

OP
neto1012

neto1012

Reaction score
Where do you find the info to get this done, I have been looking for sometime I keep running into that you have to sbf back to froyo

OP
neto1012

neto1012

Reaction score
Thanks , worked just fine, any new themes or roms out there for X2

rttwlr7

Reaction score
1 click root worked quick and easy....thanks guys!!

Reaction score
One-Click method was easy and really fast. I'm rooted once again. (//-^)

rttwlr7

Reaction score
After I rooted with 1click my hotpot app allowed me to tether my laptop...is this ok or should I not use the hotpot app that came with the phone?

nevermind that post i was sent to verizons website to signup for hotspot!

Phu

Reaction score
I have had no luck with this. I was rooted before the GB update, and now I can't get back. I tried this one click root, followed the steps to the letter, and still nothing. I really don't want to SBF back to Froyo to get my root back. Any suggestions?

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I have had no luck with this. I was rooted before the GB update, and now I can't get back. I tried this one click root, followed the steps to the letter, and still nothing. I really don't want to SBF back to Froyo to get my root back. Any suggestions?

Need To Know Everything Of What You Have Done In Order To Proceed. Thank You.

Phu

Reaction score
After the OTA update, I waited a few weeks and then found the one click method to re-root. I downloaded the latest driver from moto, and the one-click program. Installed the driver, unzipped the one-click package, started the .exe and hooked plugged in my X2 when it told me to. The X2 was set to usb debugging only before it was plugged in and I selected charge only like it said to. The program ran, said it was a success, but when I try to run a root check it tells me I am not rooted. Hope this helps.

Initially, I thought it might be because SU was already installed from the previous root, but I'm not sure and have found no easy was to uninstall SU. i.e. there's no uninstall option with the program.

Gblake13

Reaction score
I read online u can use gingerbreak to root the Droid x2. Haven't tried yet on mine though. Can you tell me , when I do root it if they upgrade to ice cream sandwich will I still get the up date?