Rooting 5.7.906

jojoferari

Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere for a reliable method for rooting Droid 3 running 5.7.906 and I can't find anything from a site I trust. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

hufn

Reaction score
That's the root tool for the droid4. Works like a charm as I did it last night

fishacura

Reaction score
Are the 5.7.906 files available for install? I have a rooted D3 running 5.6.890 and I am assuming I did not and will not get the OTA to 5.7.906 (but not sure of this). At any rate, there were files to restore to stock 5.6.890 available and I'm wondering if the same types of files are available to restore to 5.7.906 from another ROM.

Warglock

Reaction score
Has anyone that has installed 5.7.906 had any change regarding the preformance on their hardware keyboard? I remember when 5.6.xxx came out in Sept. of 2011 my runaway keys stopped and changed to unresponsive/hard to register unless mashing keys.

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Worked like a champ for me. Was rooted with Pete's, still got the push this morning, updated, and re-rooted with motofail with not one hiccup!

OP
jojoferari

jojoferari

Reaction score
Did you guys just get this build via OTA? My phone shipped with it back in Mid-April. Strange...

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
arg

I got mine as refurbished phone when the lcd started to die on my first d3

now on 3rd and this one has this latest update so I too had issues rooting. I still have an issue with mine I caused buy trying to sbf before I noticed the build was different :(

Mine turns on to AP recovery or somthing, I can hold both volumes and go to tools then it boots up, I tried everything to find a fix I dont want to be one of them that rma's a good phone due to my messing it up. Every other phone I returned Iwas able to restore to stock before shipping back.

Eye memorized menus due to being legally blind even when I have good screen I could my movements so is easy to do half blind :)

Reaction score
Warglock said:
Has anyone that has installed 5.7.906 had any change regarding the preformance on their hardware keyboard? I remember when 5.6.xxx came out in Sept. of 2011 my runaway keys stopped and changed to unresponsive/hard to register unless mashing keys.

I too have been having issues with my hardware keyboard not pressing certain keys unless I press them extra hard. I assumed it was because my keyboard was going out from high usage. The key giving me the most trouble is the B key. It still gives me trouble and I'm on the new firmware which seems to confirm its from high usage of the hardware keyboard.

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Just found all I need

I found this in xda forums read it carefully and you can use download the zip ovelayer posted in post 3. Then find the older sbf files floating around. Once you find its also on xda forums. Once you have the older sbf file then you need to extract ovelayer's zip into the directory you extracted from the older sbf file, make sure it asks to overwrite the older files if it does not then you didnt do it correctly. Once you have done this you need to boot your phone into recovery and wipe data factory reset. After this is complete you can then load back into AP fastboot. Once there on pc you can use RSDlite [i used 5.6.4]. All went fine for me.

edit forgot to post the link to xda for the 5.7.906 files remember in post 3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1608953

Again as always this is risky if you are not sure what your doing ask questions before you jump in on your on.

linuxgator

Reaction score
But does it work on a mac?

There's a mac version out there somewhere as well as a linux one. Just search for Motofail Mac and you should find it. I've tried both windows and linux versions and they both get the job done, so I assume the mac version will too.

unediblekorn

Reaction score
hey i have been searching the web for the fix to the 906 update. I have tried motofail and the other root method listed in the threads and not one of them work, i keep getting a message about the adb file cannot be found or something like it so i cannot get the root to work, any help is appreciated.