What's new
DroidForums.net | Android Forum & News

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooted today...

asaunders

Member
Ok so I used z4mod to root my X. That worked and I downloaded ROM Manager. I tried to download a rom from fabulous but it said something about apex. Any ideas because the rims look sweet and I want them lol. Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
 
Ok so I used z4mod to root my X. That worked and I downloaded ROM Manager. I tried to download a rom from fabulous but it said something about apex. Any ideas because the rims look sweet and I want them lol. Thank you.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Did you flash clockwork recovery? Did you download Droid X Bootstrapper? Did you use bootstrapper to make a backup? I would suggest downloading the ROMs from the forums (and following their own install instructions) here rather than from ROM Manager. ROM Manager on the X is spotty at best.
 
Use my guide which is linked in the signature. If you need any help post in the thread and I'll try to help you out.

But I would go to the market and grab Droid X Recovery Bootstrapper. Then use the guide listed below to install a ROM.
 
Please use boostrapper for your ROM flashing. I have heard of a TON of issues with ROM manager on the DX. Make sure you do a backup!
 
I downloaded bootstrapper and that worked but I think I screwed up because I tried to install the rom and it had me go to recovery. I did that but then when I tried to reboot it stuck on the M symbol. I was able to restore as I Sam posting this from the device. Any of you experts can email me at th.shield@gmail.com. feeling pretty inadequate since I'm Network Admin lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
 
OK, I followed the steps from the guide. I have rebooted my phone. Now I'm stuck at the M logo again. GRRRRRR....lol
 
pull the battery and reinstall, hold home and power as it boots, release at the screen with the droid in the triangle, hit search, wipe data and wipe cache
 
I followed the guide to install ROM via Droid X bootstrap.

How to install a rom

1. Click Droid X Bootstrap app, hit bootstrap recovery, click ok, then reboot recovery.
2. Go to mounts
2a. (Optional, read instructions on ROM install) Mount system. If system is mounted, prompt will read "unmount system"
3. Format data, click yes
4. Format cache, click yes
5. Back arrow
6. Install zip from sd card
7. Go to folder where zip is. If you downloaded zip from stock browser and didn't move it, it will be in the DOWNLOAD folder.
8. Click on the zip you want to install, then yes.
9. Once install is finished, back arrow, and reboot.

This is what I used
 
what ROM are you trying to install? what is your system version?
 
Back
Top