Rooted Maxx

cece5702

Reaction score
Why would someone root a Razr Maxx? Is it for speed? Or to get rid of bloatware? Why?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The primary reason I rooted (in the beginning) was for screenshots and to change the system fonts (both of these items should be baked into every phone UI)...but then once rooted, I generally begin to flash ROMs and such (which have most of the bloat removed and some speed tweaked in)...

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
The primary reason I rooted (in the beginning) was for screenshots and to change the system fonts (both of these items should be baked into every phone UI)...but then once rooted, I generally begin to flash ROMs and such (which have most of the bloat removed and some speed tweaked in)...

Don't you run the risk of ruining ur device? Once its rooted and you have an issue with you're phone Verizon won't mess with it correct?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Don't you run the risk of ruining ur device? Once its rooted and you have an issue with you're phone Verizon won't mess with it correct?

Unrooting is as easy as rooting. Unless of course you brick your device and can't recover. If it needs to go back you just unroot. Or worst case fastboot back to bone stock.

Personally I root for the ability to back up my apps as well as their associated data. Also for running a cache cleaner, ad killer and as STG changing system fonts.

Tap'd to the Maxx

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Yes, it is a risk and one you have to accept...if it is rooted and you try to return it, VZW can refuse to replace or repair it as they can also charge you full retail price if you return a rooted device.

As Garemlin indicates, there are utilities that help you to restore your device to stock..

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Yes, it is a risk and one you have to accept...if it is rooted and you try to return it, VZW can refuse to replace or repair it as they can also charge you full retail price if you return a rooted device.

As Garemlin indicates, there are utilities that help you to restore your device to stock..

Okay! :)

DocsDad

Reaction score
My son roots all his stuff but I prefer the safe method and go stock. I am very happy with the MAXX right out of the box. :)

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
My son roots all his stuff but I prefer the safe method and go stock. I am very happy with the MAXX right out of the box. :)

Thanks Doc! Just what I wanted to hear :)