Rooted GB 4.5.573 radio .07P, best way to new official GB?

Delirious17

Reaction score
I really don't want to have to SBF back to Froyo (having to re-do everything that is)

Can't I just upgrade to the proper GB version some way from my current GB version? I've read since I am on an older GB version that I have to go back to Froyo before official GB...please don't tell me this is so :(

cgrimm9

Reaction score
I really don't want to have to SBF back to Froyo (having to re-do everything that is)

Can't I just upgrade to the proper GB version some way from my current GB version? I've read since I am on an older GB version that I have to go back to Froyo before official GB...please don't tell me this is so :(

y baseband version is .07p and I am on the ota now I don't know if there is a way to upgrade the radio on gb but as long as you update to gb ota from the leaked version of gb you should be fine

liferefugee

Reaction score
.573 is the only version of the leaks that can't jump to .596. You will have to at least flash to something else.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mheller91

Reaction score
Cgrimm9 how did you go about installing the ota .596? I am also on the .07p baseband.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cgrimm9

Reaction score
Cgrimm9 how did you go about installing the ota .596? I am also on the .07p baseband.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I just went on installed gbrooted that I got from team black hat app. then installed 596 over the top of that come to think about it though people have a hard time hearing me right now when I am talking to them through my phone I sbf back to froyo and then do the 2 part install. It just may be my voice and not talking loud enough but I redoing everything to see if this fixes the problem with the mic part of my phone.

otherwise everything seems to be running great.

OP
Delirious17

Delirious17

Reaction score
Any other opinions? Do I have to SBF to Froyo to go to official GB??

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Stay with what you have. There is not much difference from 573 and the latest OTA from a user function standpoint from what I can tell. I am on 573 and .07 with no issues. My phone works fine, is fast, and stable, with no issues. People I call can hear me just fine. In addition my unit is tetherable any time I need or want that feature. I see no reason to go through all of that effort just to have the latest OTA with no gain in functionality. My advise to you is 'if it is not broken do not tinker with it' just 'enjoy it'!

idol

Reaction score
I heard that you can use the 3 part .588 and that is the version that has .12, and then you go from .588 to .596 and you don't have to wipe or anything.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I heard that you can use the 3 part .588 and that is the version that has .12, and then you go from .588 to .596 and you don't have to wipe or anything.

Hmm, anyone try this? If someone does, please report! If it works, I'm sure I'll update at some point.