Rooted Froyo to rooted GB, has anyone tried this method?

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
I just shut off my 3G data and one by one its saying the downloads were unsuccessful. Will that keep them from starting automatically again?

PARick

Reaction score
It was too bogged down to even cancel them one at a time. It would just freeze on the cancel screen, so I had to do a battery pull. Titanium Backup Pro shows in my app list, but its not in the app drawer now. The downloads are starting right back up and wont allow me to cancel them. =(

Make sure you install the free version, then it will show.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
It was too bogged down to even cancel them one at a time. It would just freeze on the cancel screen, so I had to do a battery pull. Titanium Backup Pro shows in my app list, but its not in the app drawer now. The downloads are starting right back up and wont allow me to cancel them. =(

Good point, as the Pro version is just licensing and you still use the actual free app.

Go to settings>Privacy>and uncheck autoatic restore to prevent the automatic download. Then download TB and restore.

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score

Good point, as the Pro version is just licensing and you still use the actual free app.

Go to settings>Privacy>and uncheck autoatic restore to prevent the automatic download. Then download TB and restore.

Awesome! Thanks everyone

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
I disabled the automatic restore and they're still trying to download.

wyld

Reaction score
Yep it can be a PITA sometimes! Lol and just out curiosity how many do you have? Lol I only have about 90 apps or so and i never have that much trouble canceling them all.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
Yep it can be a PITA sometimes! Lol and just out curiosity how many do you have? Lol I only have about 90 apps or so and i never have that much trouble canceling them all.

It said 45 in the notification bar which sounds about right. lol

I went to manage apps > force stop market > clear data

It seems to have stopped the downloading, but won't let me download anything I want now, lol.

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
Ok so now the Market doesn't download anything. It just says 'starting download' when I try to put Titanium Backup back on. Any ideas?

If I hard reset will I still be on rooted 2.3?

wyld

Reaction score
I've never used titanium Back up! I still use astro. Some things that I'm used to using are to let go of. And honestly I never heard the term hard reset I'm gonna assume that's a the battery pull? Lol

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe hard reset is a factory reset and a soft reset is a reboot

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

wyld

Reaction score
I believe hard reset is a factory reset and a soft reset is a reboot

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Dam and you still teaching me things! Lol

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
I just did the factory reset under the Privacy menu. Its still on 2.3, hopefully its still rooted. Most of all, hopefully the market doesn't go crazy again.

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
Ok I'm still rooted. Restoring apps with Titanium now. dancedroid

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Everything working good now? I guess since you didn't report any other issues you got everything going...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
LastBucsfan

LastBucsfan

Reaction score
At first all my apps were force closing, but after a hard reset I figured out that I was restoring some system settings with Titanium Backup that were screwing up all the apps. I figured out that if I just restored the apps themselves and no settings it worked fine. The only thing not working as of now is a newfeed widget I had, but no big deal I can just find another one if I can't get it working.

Loving GB so far. dancedroid