Rooted DX2 with P3Droid method...what to do now?

iamthebest235

Reaction score
So I used the P3Droid's method for rooting my 2.3.4 DX2 last night. Followed these instructions Root Droid 3, X2, Cliq On Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread With Just One Click [TUTORIAL] | Redmond Pie and it worked great! Phone seems to be a little faster too now.

It also installed a superuser app. But when I open the app there is nothing there except 3 panes on the top (Apps, Log & settings). Apps & Log are empty. I want to remove all the bloatware: Verizon apps but when I click and hold on them I still get no option to uninstall!

Then what is the X2 Bootstrap Recovery? I downloaded the latest one from this forum. I want to add the new Eclipse v1.2 ROM to the phone and in there it said that I need the Bootstrap Recovery. I installed it on the phone but don't know what it does.

How would I go about installing the Eclipse v1.2 ROM on my phone now? And will I be able to go back to factory settings later using a stock image posted here?

Any help would be nice. Been wanting to root the phone since I got it but was just a little scared to take the plunge, now that I finally did take that plunge don't know where to go.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Can't answer all of this:

First all rooting the phone does is give permissions to applications that need administrative rights to your phone. With out rooting the phone such apps are blocked. The Superuser app lists such apps when they are run. It's blank because you've yet to run an application that requires root level access. None of the stock apps on your phone require it. Third party applications like Titanium Backup need such access. When you run that app the first time a popup will appear asking to grant root access with a checkbox marked to remember that setting. Once you do that THEN it will appear in the Superuser application list. And from there you can deny future access or set it up to ask on each run and so on.

You will need a third party application to remove any software. But I recommend freezing the applications not removing them. Should a new update come along you will need them back on the phone for the update to be installed. Removing them can screw up your phone. Titanium Backup can do either for you. BloatFreezer is also an app that can do that for you.

Bootstrap recovery replaces the stock recovery application on the phone with a more powerful one that will allow you to make backups of the phone and install custom roms and updates. if you installed it correctly you should have in your app drawer a green icon labeled System Recovery. Hit that button and follow the instructions. You must do that everytime you want to run it.

I've never played with Eclipse so I don't know the full details. We have subforum for it IIRC. But most roms are in the form of single update.zip file that you put in the root directory of your SDCARD and then you boot into Recovery and install it.

OP
I

iamthebest235

Reaction score
nline thanks for the quick reply. You actually answered all of my questions (a lot of help)!

One last question though! What third party app do you recommend to freeze the desired apps?

Thanks

Reaction score
Titanium Backup. It is a backup program as well and can be used to backup all of your apps and data. Useful if you change roms or have a crash. Changing Roms wipes out the phone so you have to start over.

OP
I

iamthebest235

Reaction score
Great thanks for all the help!!!

Will get on with it once I get home!

c.e.rogers1202

Reaction score
I followed the instructions to the letter too. It rebooted my phone twice, and said it was done. But both Busy box and titanium backup say they can't get root. What gives?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

c.e.rogers1202

Reaction score
That did not work. None of my apps that need root can get root access.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums