Rooted Droid in new VZW commercial?

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
OR maybe like someone said since it isnt out for the droid...they just wanted to show the droid cuz its their new awesome phone. but they dont have software for that phone...trying to advertise a few things at once maybe?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I would love to say that maybe it's a new set of 'themes' coming to android in the next months, but I doubt that... probably just not-well thought out marketing.

Well, either that or this moma is a big fan of hacking and is overclocked at 1.25ghz with all kinds of goodies running.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Thats because Droid users are smarter than that . Why would you pay 9.99 $ per month when you cand just install for free Mobile Defence or Wave Secure to track your kid .

???Did her kid even have a droid?....

If her mother has a Droid I'm pretty sure the kid also has some sort of Android phone . I konw I woldn't buy any other OS for my kid :))

Last edited:

getsideways

Reaction score
The false advertising isn't in the "rooted"phone. It's in the phone itself. The family locator package from Verizon (which is what the commercial is promoting) isn't available for the Droid phone. They are only a hand full of phones used for this. The Droid isn't one of them.

family locator package can be used with the droid as the locatee. i use my droid to locate my sons env2. the env2 has the family locator software on it and i use my droid and my verizon app, my services, family locater, then log on to my acct.

DroidCoug

Reaction score
Is there an app for this without going thru vzw?

My fiancee misplaces her phone all the time(leaves it @ school, friends houses, etc.). Her phone is not a droid...otherwise I would be more concerned with her leaving it all the time.