Rooted Droid in new VZW commercial?

Brokn68

Reaction score
That is funny. Wonder if the executives would think so. :)

trevorx3

Reaction score
Could this somehow be considered false advertisement? Seeing as you have to break your warranty to get your phone that way (rooting it).

I don't know, just wondering.

Them showing the black top bar, I think, makes the phone appear more attractive. I know the white status bar is horrid looking with almost all backgrounds I use.

trevorx3

Reaction score
The point that 'most people won't notice it' is null and void. Just because I do something of legal questionability and 'nobody notices it,' does that make what I did not a crime?

Still, wondering whether or not this could be considered false advertising. Just you're point doesn't affirm, nor deny, my pondering thoughts.

Mojo

Reaction score
But they never say anything about the status bar in the commercial. Just show a breif image of it. That is most likely a mock up image. Plus I am pretty sure they put up disclaimers in the fine print in the adds that actually air on TV. You grasping at strings dude.

trevorx3

Reaction score
I was just curious. I like playing devil's advocate in situations like these.

I enjoy a good debate/argument.

Mojo

Reaction score
Me too. :) hope you didn't take me as being rude. Sometimes its hard to read someones attitude in a messages.

trevorx3

Reaction score
Nah, you're fine.

Although I have been known to get myself in some trouble with my mouth though. Especially in those childish fights on forums/facebook etc. Just ends up with me looking like an idiot.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its more humane than a dog collar. Oh yeah, I went there. :D

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I'm a new father with a child that is just about a year old... and i'd lojack him, as well as a shock collar... cuz you can shock em about a mile away and follow the yelp to find them

PJay801

Reaction score
The false advertising isn't in the "rooted"phone. It's in the phone itself. The family locator package from Verizon (which is what the commercial is promoting) isn't available for the Droid phone. They are only a hand full of phones used for this. The Droid isn't one of them.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Thats because Droid users are smarter than that . Why would you pay 9.99 $ per month when you cand just install for free Mobile Defence or Wave Secure to track your kid .

sarreq

Reaction score
could be dumb marketers, or at the slightest of chances, something Verizon intends to roll into 2.1?