Rooted Droid 2 - ROMS - Kernels

micp1480

Reaction score
Let me say this, that I am not a novice to rooting, that I came from a Droid 1 that was rooted with the Ultimate Droid Rom running with a P3 kernel. Now that I have the droid 2, it seems you have to jump through hoops to get what came easy withe the Droid 1, meaning that I had to down load the Boot Strap APk, etc....................ok, I want to download a ROM and Kernel, and I see that there is a ROM called EPIC for the Droid 2, but everywhere I go to download it, the link is broken. I have seen nothing about loading a Kernel on the Droid 2 either. My question is this, where can I find the ROMS and Kernels for the Droid 2? Thank you.

MICP 1480

wingdo

Reaction score
First, it might make more sense to ask in the Droid 2 forum. Second, it's much harder on the D2 because it's not a "google experience" phone like the D1 was, and finally Motorola has locked the bootloader in the D2 / DX / Dwhatever which means hoops are required if you want root / ROMs etc.

Check out Droid 2 Forum - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum for oodles of D2 subforums here.