Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You have to force it past the ! by pressing the volume up and camera button at the same time. If that doesn't work then you'll need to get a replacement device. Warranty is 1 year (and check the IMEI/ESN on Motorola's website as their warranty seems to be a bit longer than the one directly from Verizon) from date of purchase, but insurance is for as long as you want to pay for it. :)

OP
H

Hummada

Reaction score
Yes it's out of warranty but I have insurance but ti will still cost me $90 which is a load of $#^%&*@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lesson learned-stop paying for insurance:icon_evil: On top of all this Verizon will only cover stolen,lost,or damaged phones. Oops,I just dropped it. What a greedy company.

Replacement is the cost of a hooker.

OP
H

Hummada

Reaction score
Ok so I dropped my droid on some nice hard concrete. Was making a claim to get a new phone and was about to throw the verizon insurance co. 30 bones. Turned on my droid and it now magically works. WTFis going on?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
So you dropped it and it started working again? Sounds like something loose on the motherboard. Run it till it breaks again and then get the replacement, is what I'm thinking. Keep paying that insurance -- a used Droid 1 is going for about $250, last I checked, on eBay.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do they make anything better than what?

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
H

Hummada

Reaction score
Than droid 1?

It crapped out again. Have to send it in a for a replacement. Hopefully they will send me a droid 1.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Depends. There are a slew of new phones, but some people say it never gets better than the D1. :)

They'll send you another D1 as long as they have them in stock. Good luck with this new one! Never know, might get a winner this time! :)

OP
H

Hummada

Reaction score
They sent me a refurbished droid1. The speaker on it is busted/buzzing even though I can hear what's going on. Do they even test these phones or just send them? I'm thinking about calling them back to tell them I want something that actually works correctly.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I think they do a visual inspection, replace what's scraped/dented/bubbling/cracked, power it up to make sure it boots, then ship it out.

Send it back. A buzzy speaker like that is reason enough to get a replacement. :)