Stuck at M logo, sbf flash reboots to bootloader.. ???

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think maybe you should uninstall and try 4.6. The link is in #1 in my signature.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
The White Weapon
Reaction score
tried it with 4.6 . that didn't work either. got stuck at the software update again. it won't switch to BP pass through mode.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assistance. Good luck.

nathan626

Reaction score
i am having the problem of it going through the flash process then when it tries to switch to bp passthrough mode the phone reboots into bootloader 2c 7c and i get a failed message.

Jocojr

Reaction score
I have a similar problem in that I know just enough to be dangerous to my phone. I have been using a rooted droid for awhile without any problems. It wasn't until recently that I was experiencing some problems and thought I would sift through the wealth of info here. I have always wiped before installing but after reading a post about the right way to wipe did I really mess up my phone. I was using Sprecovery until I saw that perhaps I should be using RZR and followed what I thought was a step by step instruction list. Unfortunately, when I reboot now it stays at the M screen and have to pull out battery to start again. I can reboot in recovery and tried different restore points however when I reboot again I get the M. I cannot even mount to computer. Is my phone lost for good or do I have any recourse in this matter?:icon_eek:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Which recovery are you able to boot into?

Restore backup, reboot recovery, restore same backup again, reboot android (if in RZR).

Jocojr

Reaction score
Okay, I am able to boot in RZR, I tried restore, boot in recovery, restore again and then into android and still get the M logo. Perhaps a bad install of RZR?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its possible.

Try flashing 2.0.2 again. Also, you can find sprecovery in the Droid Labs section in "root regardless of OS".

I ended up having to flash sprecovery zip file in rzr then rename the ROM I was trying to load update.zip through mounting in sprecovery with my computer then installing that way.

I can't really troubleshoot as I'm waiting for a call about a new position, otherwise I would help you more.

Jocojr

Reaction score
No worries Guidot, I went back to Sprecovery and was able to get my phone backdancedroid. Not sure why I had problems earlier however when I have more time, I will look into the whys more thoroughly. At this point, I'm just happy to have my phone back...lol. Thanks for the heads up for it put me back on track. I am grateful for all the help!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got going!