Rooted but no Superuser App?

fizik

Reaction score
So just decided to say eff and went ahead to try to root my phone without unrooting my 2.1 root files and used the 2.2 Droid 2 root guide and surely enough I'm rooted... I think?

I could use Root Explorer again but when I went through the App drawer I couldn't find my Superuser app anymore.. odd right?

So I'm guessing I don't need it? Or what steps should I take to put the app back?

OP
fizik

fizik

Reaction score
How would I go about flashing this Superuser as an update.zip?

Sorry I don't have much knowledge on flashing etc. I can only follow guides real well lol.

bcals0087

Reaction score
you can also download bootstrap and rom manager for the dx from the market. Open up bootstrap, hit bootstrap recovery, wait for success, then go into rom manager, then settings, hit advanced mode. Go into downloads section, then extras, and download superuser for eclair/froyo. I didn't do a backup as I just trusted it would work, so I just hit ok. Phone boots and loads the superuser.apk and then you got it. I also then went into market and searched for superuser to download the latest version of it. It should work just fine for your this way.

Shibbey

Reaction score
How would I go about flashing this Superuser as an update.zip?

Sorry I don't have much knowledge on flashing etc. I can only follow guides real well lol.

Download the file and place it in you top folder on the SDCard. Rename the file update.zip (not update.zip.zip). Reboot into your recovery screen (pwr button and x on D1) then select install from update.zip.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
fizik

fizik

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It reappeared again though.

I installed a program that requested Superuser permission and that forced the app to appear in the app drawer again.