rooted but no roms

oword57

Reaction score
i am apparently rooted my incredible 2.2 using unrevoked3, but dont have clockworkmod. i do have rom manager but no recovery tool. when i try to boot into recovery mode, i get a blank screen that freezes, or the htc logo comes up scrolling down the screen flashing with many colors. any ideas? thanks

joeybarclay

Reaction score
In rom manager click flash clockwork mod recovery

Sent from my Droid

Tenacious Deebs

Reaction score
Sounds like you have an SLCD screen- there are known issues with recovery. Follow the instructions in this thread- I rooted and now I only see a black screen with white bars in recovery and let us know if that solves your problem.

I'm having the same problems but I have tried following everything in his post but nothing seems to be working. Is there any easy way for me to start from scratch again with the hope that everything installs correctly? I have tried flashing clockworkmod numerous times and have tried refreshing hboot with the replaced mod, but still no luck. The only thing I can imagine that I'm doing wrong is placing the new mod in the wrong section. I am currently viewing Astro, and the replacement mod is located in the "sd card" folder. Is this right or wrong?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is correct. Just on the sd card and not in any folders. Also make sure your sd is formatted to fat32 and the file is renamed to PB31IMG

ptsmith24

Reaction score
You can also point to the custom image in the unrevoked flash utility. Iirc It's under the file menu. Worked for my inc hardware version 3