rooted, attempted install CM7, infinite bootloop, help please.

weirdsexy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I own a Droid 2. I wanted to try CM7.
-I rooted with "Motorola One Click Root"
-Installed ClockWorkMod Mod Manager (Free version), and ClockWorkMod Recovery Bootstrap.
-Tried to backup current stock rom with Mod Manager, couldn't get that to work, made a backup from the bootstrap (probably very stupid).
-Booted back into bootstrap recovery, attempted to install CM7 nightly build 100 from zip in sdcard
-said it installed successfully and to reboot
-Infinite boot loop (waited 25 minutes before pulling battery), can get to bootloader and recovery mode (shows triangle with exclamation point & android mascot). Cannot do anything from those, e.g. pressing the magnifying glass in recovery mode does nothing.

I've look around for issues other people have had. No solutions I've found work for me because although I can get into recovery mode, it's unresponsive. Battery was around 50% when I tried installing CM7.
Please help, and thank you!

OP
W

weirdsexy

Reaction score
I ended up being able to flash back to stock. Not my recovery image, but a clean install.

I'm going to do more research about on custom ROMs and issues with Droid 2 before I try again.
Anyone care to recommend me a stable, clean, fast ROM (maybe other than cyanogenmod) that is known to work well on a Droid 2? Preferably something with a decent user base and active developers that keep it updated.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ended up being able to flash back to stock. Not my recovery image, but a clean install.

I'm going to do more research about on custom ROMs and issues with Droid 2 before I try again.
Anyone care to recommend me a stable, clean, fast ROM (maybe other than cyanogenmod) that is known to work well on a Droid 2? Preferably something with a decent user base and active developers that keep it updated.

You need to use DROID2 bootstrap to install. Make sure you wipe data, cache and dalvik cache or you will get the infinite bootloop. CM7 is pretty stable.

Since you were on GB, you need to install the GB version of CM7 from Revnumbers. If you tried to install the official CM7 version over GB, it will not boot.

DSX

asdfjkl

Reaction score
The new Gingerbread requires a different method to get into the bootload screen anyways. when you're at the exc point you press the vol up and down buttons same time instead of the mag glass