rom installation error?

kaos29

Reaction score
After installing the EPIC 2.5 rom through rom manager, the phone boots back up to the default rom, with the green android guy making me enter my gmail account etc. I try to restore only to find that my rom manager is gone. After reinstalling it, i attempt to restore back before i tried to install the rom, and upon rebooting, the phone gets locked at the motorola M logo instead of booting into recovery mode. After a battery pull, it seems that all of my apps are back, but i still can't boot into recovery mode. How can I fix the issue and install the epic rom without the issue happening again? thanks

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
After installing the EPIC 2.5 rom through rom manager, the phone boots back up to the default rom, with the green android guy making me enter my gmail account etc. I try to restore only to find that my rom manager is gone. After reinstalling it, i attempt to restore back before i tried to install the rom, and upon rebooting, the phone gets locked at the motorola M logo instead of booting into recovery mode. After a battery pull, it seems that all of my apps are back, but i still can't boot into recovery mode. How can I fix the issue and install the epic rom without the issue happening again? thanks

If you still have Droid 2 Bootstrapper, run it, select bootstrap, then select launch recovery.

When Clockwork Recovery launches you can install as you wish.

Did you wipe data/cache as a part of installing the ROM the first time? Sounds like you had wiped data and the phone was just trying to set itself up again...

Also - there are several ROMs released based on a newer OS version than Epic, look in the Angdroid section in ROMs if you want to get the most recent D2 version available.

OP
K

kaos29

Reaction score
Thanks, it worked. I figured out that i installed the rom wrong, so that worked too.