ROOT the Thunderbolt (and a lot of others) in 5 minutes or less, NO DATA LOSS!

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Sweet post. Easy root. Took me longer to download all the files then to root the phone! Easy root for sure!

zwegan

Reaction score
WOW!

I love this method.

I rooted both My Wife's and My own thunderbolt with it and now I can use titanium backup and flash a gingermod!

Woohoo!

DROID11

Reaction score
I have had multiple issues while trying the method ultimately failing each time. With my computer I cannot download the HTC drivers even though I have never had HTC sync installed. I got passed that by using a friends computer. I went into the revolutionary website and entered my serial number which generated the beta code. I entered the beta code exactly as it was when I ran the root, but it said the code was incorrect. Any advice?

johnd09

Reaction score
I have had multiple issues while trying the method ultimately failing each time. With my computer I cannot download the HTC drivers even though I have never had HTC sync installed. I got passed that by using a friends computer. I went into the revolutionary website and entered my serial number which generated the beta code. I entered the beta code exactly as it was when I ran the root, but it said the code was incorrect. Any advice?

Make sure you copy and paste it. Try again. If it continues you may have to report it to the revolutionary dev. team.

DROID11

Reaction score
I attempted the copy and paste method, but in the command prompt it didn't allow pasting (I tried ctl + v and right click). Reported it, but heard nothing back unfortunately. This was a week ago.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Well 5 minutes took me all day. Had to go back time and time again to follow the directions explicitly. I am rooted and have Gingerbread!!!!! Been working on it for months. Finally found the 5 minute plan that worked. Unfortunately tethering is not working very good at all. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

drew

Reaction score
Well 5 minutes took me all day. Had to go back time and time again to follow the directions explicitly. I am rooted and have Gingerbread!!!!! Been working on it for months. Finally found the 5 minute plan that worked. Unfortunately tethering is not working very good at all. Any thoughts?

What are you using to tether? I'm running the Liquid Gingersense ROM and have no trouble with tethering. Using the Wireless Tether app.