Root not working for me!!!!!

JWACK

Reaction score
Ok,
just got a bionic, & am tring to root this thing. Running 2.3.4v , system v .902. I have the drivers installed, the stock cable, usb debugging, charg only, all the stuff. No mater what i do this thing wont root. Im so pissed im ready to punch a baby! My droid 2 i could root in my sleep. I keep getting this adb error, what the hell do i have to do to root this. Thanks

wack

eye_dea

Reaction score
Right click and run as administer. Also, make sure it is unzipped and in 1 folder. Should be like 8 files or something.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Andrstein

Reaction score
We need more info. What root method are you using? Mac or PC?

There are a few different "rooters" floating around the internet from past system versions. 0n .902 the "Motofail" method works every time for me. Also, make sure you do not have Superuser installed. If you have the app icon in your app drawer uninstall it before trying to root again.

OP
JWACK

JWACK

Reaction score
I got it rooted, after a few hrs. I flashed the liberty rom 3 2.0, but now i dont get any service. Any body have a good rom for this phone?

eye_dea

Reaction score
Eclipse 2.2 is a solid 902 ROM for everday use.

Andrstein

Reaction score
With the locked boot loader your radio should not be affected by flashing a ROM, no?

And I run liberty and love it... when I'm not running an ICS build.

OP
JWACK

JWACK

Reaction score
FLASHED Eclipse 2.2, EVERYTHING IS WORKING SMOOTH, WILL HOLD THIS ROM UNTILL CM9 GETS ALL THE BUGS WORKED OUT. BY THE WAY DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SPF FILE TO RETURN TO STOCK. TRIED TO DOWNLOAD IT ON TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS, & I ONLY GET ABOUT 1/4 WAY TILL IT STOPS. WANT TO HAVE IT JUST IN CASE. THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK. YOU ALL ROCK.

WACK

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
FLASHED Eclipse 2.2, EVERYTHING IS WORKING SMOOTH, WILL HOLD THIS ROM UNTILL CM9 GETS ALL THE BUGS WORKED OUT. BY THE WAY DOES ANYONE HAVE THE SPF FILE TO RETURN TO STOCK. TRIED TO DOWNLOAD IT ON TWO DIFFERENT COMPUTERS, & I ONLY GET ABOUT 1/4 WAY TILL IT STOPS. WANT TO HAVE IT JUST IN CASE. THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK. YOU ALL ROCK.

WACK

I THINK TH FXZ FIL IS WHAT YOURE LOOKING FOR, IT'S IN A STICKY IN THE MAIN BIONIC FORUM.

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
With the locked boot loader your radio should not be affected by flashing a ROM, no?

And I run liberty and love it... when I'm not running an ICS build.

No, your radio will not be affected. Even with an unlocked bootloader radios still need ti be flashed separately.