Root/Flash Droid Razr

Rampant

Reaction score
I just got a droid Razr and wow... lots of bloatware and such. I'd like to root it and install something faster and probably a less ugly theme. I've never done this before and I'm not up on the latest/greatest/safest approach.

Can someone here point me in the right direction? Suggestions on ROMs to use?

Captmilk

Reaction score
I just got a droid Razr and wow... lots of bloatware and such. I'd like to root it and install something faster and probably a less ugly theme. I've never done this before and I'm not up on the latest/greatest/safest approach.

Can someone here point me in the right direction? Suggestions on ROMs to use?

You can get ADW Launcher and change your theme right now no flashing. https://market.android.com/details?id=org.adw.launcher&hl=en

Deron

Reaction score
Is rooting even necessary? Me thinks not.

You should always ask this question before rooting: is there a way to unroot if you ever needed to? Someone please correct me if I and wrong, but there is no sure-fire unroot program at this time.

You can just "hide" the uninstallable apps in your app drawer. And as long as you don't open up and start using these bloatware apps, they wont run in the background or affect battery drain. And as far as space is concerned, there is so much internal storage that I doubt you will need to remove bloat to free space for downloaded apps. I had Droid X with only half the internal storage space and did not come close to filling up even half its space. I bet your home PC has tons of hidden, unusuable, uninstallable programs on it, but you don't worry about it or are even aware of its presence. Just hide and ignore bloat and you'll be fine. Better to do this than root and not be able to receive Ice Cream Sandwich in February.

Also +1 on the suggestion for ADW Launcher or Go Launcher. Go launcher is free, not sure about ADW. Try the less invasive measures first before rooting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
R

Rampant

Reaction score
got the ADW launcher. It is awesome.

Only thing left is to turn off stupid services like the Verizon location service. Anybody know how to disable those?

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I'm waiting till there is an unroot.

This phone is so good I feel no need to root

Only reason I would is for the hot spot

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums