Root Explorer and DSP FC issues

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'm rooted
I'm running Liquid Smooth Vigorsense v1.0 with HTC Sense 3.5 and based off Android version 2.3.4

I'm having two different applications force close and you can tell from the title field. I didn't notice Root Explorer FC issues until I tried to use it to manually check/set the permissions on the DSP application, which is the other application force closing. Root Explorer FC immediately upon opening. DSP application only FCs once I enable the Equalizer under headset and attempt to change it from the stock Equalizer setting.

What I've done to attempt to address the issue was running fix permissions via ROM manager 4 different times now with reboots in between each one. I've ran Liquid settings fix permissions script once and restarted also without any luck. I've tried to research Root Exploer force closing and someone suggested running uninstalling it-->reinstalling it-->restart the phone-->fix permissions on the ROM-->restart the phone and then it should work, but it didn't.

I've also ran across a thread that said library files for DSP are automatically installed in the base of Gingerbread ROMs, so simply installing the DSP apk versus flashing the DSP and the library wasn't necessary like it was in Froyo based ROMs. I'm wondering if these library files that are suppose to be installed already on Gingerbread based ROMs exist, because I only get force closes when I activate and change the Equalizer setting. I've been able to successfully activate the Bass boost and Virtual Room Effect without any FC issues. I don't use any of the other setting from the headset section of the application.

OP
L

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Update to the original post:
ROMs that I've successfully used prior to my current one with DSP are the Liquid Smooth ROMs 3.0 and 3.1. As for Root Explorer, I've also had success with that app working on BAMF Forever 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 and the previously mentioned Liquid ROMs.

Does Root Explorer or DSP have to access my SD card because I'm also having issues with my screen being unable to turn on after I connect my SD card via my phone to my computer and can't get my screen to reappear until after I manually remove the cable from the phone. I'm going to create a new backup and try a different ROM. I will post my result for Root Explorer and DSP shortly.​

OP
L

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Update 2
Ok I just successfully ran Root Explorer and DSP without any issues on BAMF Remix 1.0.4. I'm currently running Eternity by Virus, which uses HTC Sense 3.5 and I no longer have the Root Explorer FC issues. However, I continue to get the same force close error for DSP.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.​

OP
L

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Root Explorer is now working correctly, but the FC issue still remains for DSP Manager.