Root Access & Battery Pulls

jsw6380a

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but as a fairly new root user I was wondering if I had to pull the battery will it mess with the SU permission or unroot/mess with root settings? I have bootstrapper with basic root backup. I am just wondering how the battery pull is different from a off/on reboot.

Thanks! :icon_ banana:

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't affect your root access at all. Pulling the battery is basically the same as a on/off/reboot, except you're forcing it and not letting android close any open apps and close down gracefully. But, that is sometimes required if you're having issues or lockups.

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Battery Pull

So it's pretty much a ctrl-alt-delete?

Thanks for the reply.

the5barrons

Reaction score
So it's pretty much a ctrl-alt-delete?

Thanks for the reply.

Kinda-sorta. Truthfully, you should wait long enough for the os to try and back it's own way out. I find that a lockup on an app usually ends up with a fail flag and subsequent message saying that the app failed and either a force close in order or that it already did it. If an app is hung up longer than a minute or two...a battery pull could be in order.

If you are flashing or ota'ing to something the bootloader can take an usually long time, so some leniency should be given in that respect.