ROMManager's Froyo version blocked?

n0m0n

Reaction score
Recently installed Froyo from ROMManager and was wondering if it was OTA blocked?
I would like to get the OTA update when Verizon sends the notice, so thought I should ask now.

Thanks

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
As far as I know, you will have to revert back to 2.0.1... Then get the 2.1 OTA, then get the 2.2 when it drops...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
OTA's are blocked by your recovery. CW or SPR. As with every update there will be a manual way to get the OTA that will work. You will loose root though. Or if you wanted to make sure you get the OTA you can flash a 2.1 sbf through RSDlite. No need to go all the way back to 2.0.1.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
i'm seeing a lot more people in the last few days NOT getting the 2.1 OTA prompt when they flash back to 2.0.1... just FYI

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'm seeing a lot more people in the last few days NOT getting the 2.1 OTA prompt when they flash back to 2.0.1... just FYI

Might make sense, VZW might have stopped the push, assuming everyone has already been upgraded.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Might make sense, VZW might have stopped the push, assuming everyone has already been upgraded.

yeah I'm kinda hoping it means we're closer to 2.2 OTA than we think... but that could be reaching

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

yeah I'm kinda hoping it means we're closer to 2.2 OTA than we think... but that could be reaching
Well Adobe IS going to be at that press conference thing on the 23rd. Maybe they'll announce that 2.2 is ready for the Droid.