rom ?

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
been looking around for a Rom for a couple of days now but I still cant decide on one ... I using a Droid X with the latest update ... Im looking for a stable Rom as Im new to the Droid modding ... any suggestions for a Noob ? Thanx !

Sent from my DROIDX

mcp770

Reaction score
Gummyjar and Rubix Focused are by far the fastest most reliable for the x with plenty of themes to choose from and great developer support.

cubano1027

Reaction score
^ditto
Once UD is STABLE it will b sweet too.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
Thanx guys ! as a Noob to this its hard to choose a Rom but a push in the right direction is alot of help

Sent from my DROIDX

cubano1027

Reaction score
Thanx guys ! as a Noob to this its hard to choose a Rom but a push in the right direction is alot of help

Sent from my DROIDX

NP. Im currently using the new Rubix ROM with the Retrokid_Nexus Theme & I have to say....FAST/EYE CATCHING/STABLE
In my opinion...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
been looking around for a Rom for a couple of days now but I still cant decide on one ... I using a Droid X with the latest update ... Im looking for a stable Rom as Im new to the Droid modding ... any suggestions for a Noob ? Thanx !

Sent from my DROIDX

If your looking for performance, looks, cool animations and battery life. Darkslide v4.1.
aefd4058-32fc-5b1e.jpg
aefd4058-3311-b88a.jpg

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
METAL MUZZLE

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
Thanx for your time and giving me some opinions on the Roms u guys use ! Thanx for the screen shots !

Sent from my DROIDX

MrKleen

Reaction score
My opinion is that you may not like the same Roms as someone else. I have tried just about every rom and they each have good qualities. I like Apex, Gummyjar, Tranquility ...

I would say the best thing to do would be to try them all out and see what you like.

cubano1027

Reaction score
Screenies of my setup.

48b893fe-b55f-9c1d.jpg

48b893fe-b57d-7953.jpg

48b893fe-b58f-586b.jpg

48b893fe-b5b1-ee94.jpg

48b893fe-b5c5-35d1.jpg

rayne58

Reaction score
Okay so i went from Apex to Darkslide to GummyJar.

Apex is really nice alot of cool transitions but it lacks a little in speed compared to Gummy and has alot of blur(slows it down in my opinion) which i always figured i wanted till i tried gummyjar and i found out i dont even use any blur anyways lol

Darkslide i tried for like 2 hours and said i dont like it...lame transitions seemed pretty fast but idk just something about it i did not like at all.

Gummyjar So far i have had it for 4 days (had apex for 3 weeks) and wow i dont think i am ever going to switch until the new rom that kejar and jrummy are comin out with.
Gummy jar has awesome transitions very very fast and has no blur. I use handcent so i dont need to the blur txtin app the only blur i put back is the camera which is very easy to dohttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/gummyjar-x/110727-blur-camera-camcorder.html download the file and flash it from sdcard in bootstrap.

GJ also has alot of themes too constantly being updated and new releases/ports by mikeyinid...he is the **** when it comes to these themes lol he is banging them out left and right hahah

Also since you are new to this, Having blur is just stupid little motoapps like the widgets and the email etc, honestly you dont need it i just like the blur camera app other than that evreything i use is a third party app anyway like beautiful widgets and stuff like that.

The choice is yours haha defeinatly try some roms out i heard tranq is good and alot of people seem to like darkslide i guess it is just somethin you have to try out for yourself. Well I hope that i helped lol enjoy.

rayne58

Reaction score
heres a pic of my homescreens through the time lol as you can see i am a minimalist i like to keep is nice and simple :) lol

I also use ADW Launcher EX which i HIGHLY suggest it is honestly awesome for me the best launcher out there. I need no icons on my screens because it has a hidden dockbar which you can bring up with a simple down gesture across the screen (you have to set that in options)
i love it. Also it has really cool transitions between homescreens you have like eight to choose from its great

heres some of my screens i made the tupac and biggie one :) if anyone wants it lmk ill upload it lol

Attachments

• LAP.jpg
    LAP.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 197
  • MAp.jpg
    MAp.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 182
  • RAP.jpg
    RAP.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 187
  • MAP1.jpg
    MAP1.jpg