Rom Suggestion

soulshot96

Reaction score
Your welcome. I know a cool boot animation if you want it. And here's a tip in the date and time settings you can choose to hide the am pm, or hide the clock completely. And in the market there's also the android music app from gingerbread. (It shows the accual music icon to match the rest of the ui. And its the coolest by far. Its called android music.l and its free. If you need anything else just ask. Also I heard a tip that the new superclean should be out soon so...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
Cool, im always interested in improvements or ways to make the phone better. What's this boot up screen you were talking about?

soulshot96

Reaction score
Well as you've probably noticed I'm a stock android freak. I just think its cooler and normally faster. So to go along with gingerbread I went on Google and searched flashable nexus s boot animation and I found one, booted into recovery, and flashed and its badass. Its a x that gets put together by streaming particles of 4 different colors. Its pretty cool. Just search flashable nexus s boot animation download and flash. Oh and included with this theme there's a stock android unlock screen and a gingerbread pattern lock. Both are cool also. There in display settings.

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
I think i found the boot animation you were talking about. I seen a screen shot of it and WOW it looks sick. Im downloading it now

soulshot96

Reaction score
Oh about the battery. Android phones have a quirk. When you install a new rom the battery life isn't its best for about two weeks. It seems to have to get used to the new rom. It wasn't that good at first for me but it just keeps getting better!

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh about the battery. Android phones have a quirk. When you install a new rom the battery life isn't its best for about two weeks. It seems to have to get used to the new rom. It wasn't that good at first for me but it just keeps getting better!

What? Unless the quirk is the user staring at the phone too much when getting a new rom that makes no sense.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Its just that when you install any new rom it seems to take your phone a while to get up to its maximum battery life. I think its got something to do with the file system. Don't worry the battery life will probably be good at first but it should gradually get better. I've experienced this firsthand. Its accually quite cool. Tell me it ya have a any problems

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its just that when you install any new rom it seems to take your phone a while to get up to its maximum battery life. I think its got something to do with the file system. Don't worry the battery life will probably be good at first but it should gradually get better. I've experienced this firsthand. Its accually quite cool. Tell me it ya have a any problems

I have no idea what you're talking about & I don't think its a coincidence you don't either.

Install a rom & it takes a few moments for it to be settled after boot; battery & all. Now what it displays as your battery % is a different matter as your displayed % can become inaccurate after flashing but has no effect on actual battery performance since the cut off is controlled by the kernel directly reading voltage regardless of what is displayed in the notification bar. This displayed % can become more accurate over time without recalibration. Maybe this is were you're getting 2 weeks.

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
So I've got everything loaded and charged fully. This morning i turned back on my phone and it loaded to the setup wizard like it did last night. Ive noticed that every time i power off the phone and power it back on it loads to the setup wizard and looks like the first time it booted up. Is there a way to make this not happen?

OP
T

Twizt0fate

Reaction score
Also its saying i have 0 space left to install apps. I have nothing on here yet.....

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I've got everything loaded and charged fully. This morning i turned back on my phone and it loaded to the setup wizard like it did last night. Ive noticed that every time i power off the phone and power it back on it loads to the setup wizard and looks like the first time it booted up. Is there a way to make this not happen?

Which ROM/kernel did you flash and which ROM/kernel were you on before?