ROM questions

divalibra

Reaction score
Can a rom that has app2sd included be flashed to a phone and app2sd feature not be used? I heard that using the stock sd card slows the phone down when using app2sd. Also can chomp w/swype(official beta version) be used on the various roms..i see a lot of them use handcent?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
A ROM is simply the core of the phone, and they are all made differently. This being said, I know that a lot these days have Apps2sd but you don't have to use it. In manage apps you can move apps to your phone or to your card. Still, I don't think it slows anything down personally. Flash memory is quick!

Also, "handcent" is just a market app. No ROMs that I know of come with it, you just use it if you want to. So that's that...

OP
D

divalibra

Reaction score
Thanks! But what is this stuff that I'm reading about partitioning the sd card or needing a higher class sd card to use app2sd? Just need some clarification that's all.

jrozga

Reaction score
Thanks! But what is this stuff that I'm reading about partitioning the sd card or needing a higher class sd card to use app2sd? Just need some clarification that's all.

The reason for a higher class card is for one reason only and thats that the stock card has a tendancy to get fried with app2sd. The partitioning part is done while in recovery.

On a side note I dont see the reason to use app2sd with a froyo based rom as it syncs with the market and automatically DL's the apps for you with every flash of a new rom. (pure sweetness):icon_ banana: