[Rom]Port- Rubix .4 for the Droid2!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

droid-from-the-forums.jpg

Droid 2 users! What do you do when development begins to slow on a great device? You start porting cool mods from other devices of course! That is just what dev "Beanstown" has done! He has ported the DroidX version of Developer "Drod2169" 's Rom Rubix .4. Lots of DroidXers are very familiar with the Rubix series. It was one of the most popular in the Froyo days. It came with both "Blurry" and "Focused" versions. Blurry being a more stock version and Focused being a more AOSP experience. Version .4 of the Rubix Rom is Gingerbread and is Blurry.

rubix-168x300.png
rubix2-168x300.png

This Rom was released for the DroidX in Beta, but it is a solid and really slick Rom. The Rom is fully deodexed and mostly debloated for more speed and snappiness. This Rom is Ice Cream Sandwich themed. It has been tweaked and modded for even more performance enhancements. This Rom includes adblock, messaging (switch between aosp/moto), includes google music, and other goodies.

Download this Rom and Discuss here!

Last edited:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
The OG Droid and the Droid 2 tend to a get a lot of ROM/DEV love but the Droid 2 Global... not so much :dry: I have an unofficial version of the liberty rom on my D2G but the camera doesn't work right and there are a few other minor glitches with the rom.

I can't wait until the Droid 4 comes out. I hope someone will root it quickly and that there will be a bootstrap option for it so that I can load custom roms with custom kernels that support iptables. That's not too much to ask right? :wink-b:

I'd love to understand the true process behind rooting devices; what goes on in the background.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Nice to see something new for the Droid 2. Very cool!