ROM & Overclocking? Question

Reaction score
Right now I am curious as too if anyone has done any testing over the last 2 days of what the best ROM is for Overclocking? OTA , FLYX , RUBIX , ZAPX , APEX ? I want to get the best battery life and still maintain a great ROM to go along with it.

Currently I am on APEX RC2 and it is OK I am overclocked to 1.3 GHZ

If anyone has done any further testing Please Post Here.
When I get a chance I will do some myself but working all the time.

4000 / 30
7000 / 35
9000 / 45
1300 / 65

Theme, Incognito

Also 1 more question regarding Corporate Sync on APEX RC2 ... Is there a problem with APEX RC2 Syncing too servers with this ROM because on OTA I had no problem Syncing. Is that because of blurless that is preventing me from Syncing Thanks

Edit: Additional Question

Question 3? Is it confirmed that the 1.38 GHZ overclock off ROM Manager works with every CPU ? 2nd Question. Does this install install-recovery.sh incase it does not work ? ... From What I know everyone that overclocks is on a X to X bases depending.

Last edited:

bohunter

Reaction score
I am on Rubix 1.0 overclocked to 1.38 using the scaling from beesley on Rom Manager. Been using it all day with absolutely no problems.

anrichardson

Reaction score
I am on Rubix 1.0 overclocked to 1.38 using the scaling from beesley on Rom Manager. Been using it all day with absolutely no problems.

Just download and install from rom manager? What about insmod commands, what is that?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I don't think that 1.38gHz thing works on all X's... I installed that then ran the insmod commands:

su
insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko
setscaling100.sh

Afterwards, my phone entered what I believe was turtle mode. I thought it was locked up at first, but it did actually respond to some of my commands, albeit very slowly. I thought I was going to have to do a battery pull, but then I got to quickboot and just rebooted. It was fine after rebooting since I guess it doesn't save that information for overclocking on bootup (thank God!).

Maybe I did something wrong?

jredecop

Reaction score
I don't think that 1.38gHz thing works on all X's... I installed that then ran the insmod commands:

su
insmod /system/lib/modules/overclock.ko
setscaling100.sh

Afterwards, my phone entered what I believe was turtle mode. I thought it was locked up at first, but it did actually respond to some of my commands, albeit very slowly. I thought I was going to have to do a battery pull, but then I got to quickboot and just rebooted. It was fine after rebooting since I guess it doesn't save that information for overclocking on bootup (thank God!).

Maybe I did something wrong?
Nope..mine does that too

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I tried again after editing the setscaling100.sh file with these values:

1.25 gHz

300/27
600/38
900/44
1250/59

Result: turtle mode

edit: Stable at

1.15 gHz

300/27
600/38
800/50
1150/56

Quadrant score before OC: 1397
Quadrant score after OC: 1515

Running RubiX Focused 1.0 with Sephtin's Blackbar Mod Tweaked

I must add that I can actually notice some speed increase. It's not a giant difference, but it is noticeable. Without increasing the voltages the battery life should be equivalent with slightly faster performance.

Last edited:

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Okay, so for us unlucky launch day X owners it appears we can't get past 1.15gHz stable. That is still a noticeable increase, however. Another thing we can do is undervolt all the settings except the max, which will give us a battery boost.

I currently have these settings stable:

1.15 gHz

300/20
600/31
800/44
1150/58

More battery life and more speed. Best of both worlds but our quadrant scores won't quite get to 1600 this way. We don't really need 1600+ quadrant scores though, right? I have no performance complaints like this!