[ROM] narcotICS v0.1 [ICS THEMED] [BETA] [NIGHTLIES]

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

NOTE** All credit goes to KShen1 over at XDA for this ROM. I did NOT create it. Just supporting it at these forums. Enjoy!

Many people have been saying that the ICS Theme for the Bionic has been bootlooping and softbricking their D3. I have created a ICS ROM with lots of ICS changes and will add more over time. It's still in it's pre-mature form.

Also, if you're tired of using themes to get this look, now you have an official ROM! :)

Let me just say right off the bat that this is a ICS themed ROM. The theme-ing actually wasn't done by me, but rather by TheMuffStuff over at RootzWiki so I must give him credit. However, I have made some of my own changes, and over time I will continue to change things.

Without further ado, I present to you..

narcotics.PNG

20111013150018.jpeg

v0.15 Release
-added CM7 MMS
-added ICS Music
-added ICS G+
-added ICS Audio (Fixed)
coming soon: notification bar power control, more bug fixes
v0.1 Release
-Themed Blur Launcher, Dialer, Calculator, Camera, and more thanks to TheMuffStuff
-Overall ICS Themed thx to TheMuffStuff
-1% Linear Mod, ICS themed again thanks to TheMuffStuff
-ICS Music
-Most bloat removed
-DeOdexed for easy themeing, thanks to Pedwards3x used as base
-ICS Media and Ringtones included thanks to MydroidWorld
-ICS Wallpapers included Thanks to MyDroidWorld
-some build.prop changes
-some other stuff i can't remember off the top of my head right now
[/COLOR][/SIZE]​

DOWNLOAD LINK:

v0.1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14612246/narcoticsv0.1.zip if dl link doesnt work for now it means it is still uploading. check back later
big credit to pedwards3x

v0.2 http://cush2push.macleod-web.net/narcoticsv2.zip

Install Instructions:
1. Place the .zip file on your internal or external SD Card (Doesn't matter)
2. Boot into Recovery.
3. Make a full Nandroid Backup (This will take ~5-10 minutes)
4. WIPING IS RECOMMENDED
5. Choose Install zip from either your internal or external SD Card, depending where you placed it.
6. Reboot.

Thanks to cush2push for getting me into this.

I will be working on the next version tonight as well as changing the name in installation in cwm to narcotics, adding cm7 messaging app, and a few other tweaks

Last edited:

niallsc

Reaction score
Just installed, It force closes when when it tries to get past the location services page of the setup.

svickstc

Reaction score
Ill be watching this...maybe ill try to flash it to provide my input but my phone has been running great..

Like the love the D3 has been seeing lately

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Got any pics of it?

It's just the ICS rom basically with some extra features. I'll try and post some one when I get home.

And I'm running this, no problems on my end. This and SD3 are definitely the fastest out so far I think.
What are the location services? I haven't had to do that
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Last edited:

scott240

Reaction score
I am running this rom with no problems at all. I will be playing with my phone tonight so I will see it I can get it to force close anything, but so far all is good

Reaction score
My market is force closing if I can't get it fixed good buy rom.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

elivaldez84

Reaction score
narcotICS

First of all let me thank you for giving us options on our D3...I had been waiting for a while for roms to come up..This is a phone with great potential....just look at what the OG Droid accomplished, imagine what this baby can do. I had the D2 and was expecting alot more devs to support it but i was disappointed....but anyways i hope we do get many involved in this 3rd edition of the Mighty Droid series..

Ok now back to topic....so I give narcotICS a fals yesterday and bammm...no go... got stuck on bootloop....tried wiping in recovery..original recovery because it wouldnt boot into CWM....but no go.....I was coming from 890 like it said and did a full wipe data/cache and flashed....I have been trying to figure out if I did something wrong or what but I cant see where I messed up....I had Koush's bootstrap....any Ideas?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hm, that's really odd. I've personally have had no problems and haven't needed to wipe data or cache or anything. KShen1 is working on a new update though, so hopefully that will fix things.

elivaldez84

Reaction score
Hm, that's really odd. I've personally have had no problems and haven't needed to wipe data or cache or anything. KShen1 is working on a new update though, so hopefully that will fix things.

Yeah, I actually had to SBF back to 890 cause I couldnt get into CWM to restore my backup.......I flashed Steel Droid 3.0.....with no problems....i am using now Hashcode's Safestrap though....