[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.7.15.0 [DEV]

chewy74

Reaction score
Create a folder and drag & drop icons in it, then set folder to sort by name

Is their a way to put all the icon in alphabetical order? first time using miui

jchammer123

Reaction score
I created a folder and placed my apps in it and placed that folder in the dock. I am now missing that folder and all the app icons. I checked application settings and they are all still installed. I looked for the folder on all desktops, but nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

Check closely all of your icons.... a few builds back people had problems with icons "hiding " behind others. This might be the case

I'm having issues with this on this build. It only happens with the market icon though. The first time it dissapeared completely and I didn't know which app was gone so I filled in the space with another and thought nothing of it. A few days later I realized the blurred name of the app, so I moved it and the market was behind it. Now all of a sudden the market is gone again. Does anyone know what's causing this or if there's a fix?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

DROOIID

Reaction score
Judging by tengokudroids avatar he was just trying to TROLL our section.

Successful troll was unsuccessful... this time

cowsquad

Reaction score
Just a question. What is the difference on having apps on system or data? Why some apps are stored into system and others on data :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just a question. What is the difference on having apps on system or data? Why some apps are stored into system and others on data :)

The D1 has 2 partitions that have different sizes of memory allotted to them and they cannot be easily re-sized. So you will want to take advantage of both sections to use all of the available space on the D1.

The main difference is that the system partition is not writable and the data one is. So you keep all of your system apps in system because they are not upgraded or replaced. Data apps are where you install everything from the market because they need to be able to be re-written for updates.

That is why I moved some of the google apps from system to data, so that they can be updated via the market w/o having multiple apps or having to go through a longer process.

Oh, btw, new release is uploading now :)

cowsquad

Reaction score

The D1 has 2 partitions that have different sizes of memory allotted to them and they cannot be easily re-sized. So you will want to take advantage of both sections to use all of the available space on the D1.

The main difference is that the system partition is not writable and the data one is. So you keep all of your system apps in system because they are not upgraded or replaced. Data apps are where you install everything from the market because they need to be able to be re-written for updates.

That is why I moved some of the google apps from system to data, so that they can be updated via the market w/o having multiple apps or having to go through a longer process.

Oh, btw, new release is uploading now :)

How do I check how much free space I have on both partitions?

tee00max

Reaction score
I really would use tthis Rom if it was more smooth and not so laggy, no landscape is also bothering me a bit.

Ozzie

Reaction score
What little I know about it...I switched to the Zeam launcher and landscape works fine other than the bottom buttons staying put. At least I can use it in the dock in my truck now.
Of course you don't get the folders, but then you don't have every app with labels on the screens either.