ROM manager won't flash into recovery

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out whether I am rooted on this droid X. I have ROM manager and I flashed both versions of droid X available. However, when I try to reboot into recovery I get nothing.

Any thoughts?Thanks,

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
after getting advice from the form, I downloaded the droid 2 bootstrap. That fixed everything.

Thanks so much,

Jim

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
thank you so much for getting back to me. However, the problem is I cannot boot into recovery from anything. I downloaded everything you suggested. They are on my SD card but I don't know what else to do from there.

any additional thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Jim

F

fifiknw

put it in bootloader
and sbf it
and reroot
install and use bootstrap recovery
Wipe data
install prep
then install update
then prep again restart

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
put it in bootloader
and sbf it
and reroot
install and use bootstrap recovery

Thanks for getting back to me. I assume bootloader is powering with the down volume key and camera button. When you say sbf it, are you talking about one of those 596. or 602. sbf files? If so, which one. I am definitely running darkside ROM according to the phone info.

Sorry that I am so neewbie-esque.

Jim

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
With boot loader and RSD light 4.9, I tried each of the 3 SBF files 1KDS created on this site:

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/18860-all-droid-x-sbf-files.html

O
f the three, only the .602 SPF eliminated the start button. however, the flash failed.

I tried it three times. Now what?

By the way, when I hit the power button and the home key, I get the android with the! In the triangle. When I hit the search key nothing happens. However, when I hold both volume keys down, I get to the android system recovery. As you probably know, there are four selections: 1) reboot system now, 2) apply update from SDcard, 3) wipe data/factory reset and 4) wipe cachet partition. When I hit the camera button, nothing happens.

Thanks so much,

Last edited: