Rom Manager will not backup my current ROM

Jarvisoid

Reaction score
I have my BuglessBeast v0.3 ROM set up the way I like it and now I want to make a backup of it. When I go into Rom Manager and choose "Backup Current ROM" the phone reboots and gets stuck on the Motorola Logo. I have to do battery pull everytime to get past it. Does anyone else have this problem or know of another way to backup my current ROM setup?

Thanks

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I have my BuglessBeast v0.3 ROM set up the way I like it and now I want to make a backup of it. When I go into Rom Manager and choose "Backup Current ROM" the phone reboots and gets stuck on the Motorola Logo. I have to do battery pull everytime to get past it. Does anyone else have this problem or know of another way to backup my current ROM setup?

Thanks

Make sure you have flashed the most current clockwork recovery in Rom Manager. After that, flash alternate recovery SPRecovery, then re-flash clockwordmod recovery SEVERAL times... try and backup through rom manager then.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Should be smooth sailing, but it could happen again... Rom Manager isn't the most stable with Froyo yet but that should change

Boostjunky

Reaction score
As of late, my ROM Manager won't even attempt to reboot the phone if I ask it to "Backup Current ROM". I punch in the name I want it to save under, click OK, then nothing happens. Dialog box disappears, and the phone just sits there on the ROM Manager screen that was under the dialog box.

"Reboot into Recovery" works, so I just do it that way and change the name of the Recovery folder with AndroZIP after I'm done. Kinda weird, though...

EDIT: Nevermind. Do NOT rename the ClockworkMod Recovery Backup folders!!! Reference my later post, post # 8 in this thread, for the reason why.

Last edited:

xliderider

Reaction score
Had problems making a backup and rebooting into recovery from RM CWR 2.0.1.3 today. Got stuck at the M logo as well.

I flashed back to 2.0.1.2 and it worked. I think I'll stay on 2.0.1.2 for a while.

NoKz

Reaction score
Well, Koush said he's working on a new CWM that I hope fixes some of the issues we've been having.

Clockworkmod said:
Preparing for a significant CW recovery release... filenames are sorted, froyo a2sd backup, switchrom in ROM Manager and Recovery...

Finally a switch ROM feature! dancedroid

Boostjunky

Reaction score
Just a quick note to all those who may have read and taken the advice in my previous post in this thread, DO NOT rename your ClockworkMod Recovery Backup folders. Clockwork generates an MD5 sum to ensure that the backup folder is the correct, unaltered backup. If you change the name of the folder, the MD5 will not match with the name of the folder, and the backup will be aborted.

Some of you probably already knew this and just smacked your forehead with the palm of your hand after reading my previous post. But I wanted to make sure I didn't lead any other newbs such as myself astray by giving out bad information.

brianlpowers

Reaction score
@Boostjunky
i had the same problem you did, but i had a quick fix

somehow rom manager got placed in my disallow list for superuser privileges - i only discovered it going into the list for something else.

rom manager would not give me any errors or say that it was being blocked

i allowed it, and i could backup as normal

hope this helps

bluegrasslover

Reaction score
Make sure you have flashed the most current clockwork recovery in Rom Manager. After that, flash alternate recovery SPRecovery, then re-flash clockwordmod recovery SEVERAL times... try and backup through rom manager then.

Thank you for this!

loudaccord

Reaction score

Wow, it worked for me too!! Thanks!!!

I love the search button :)