ROM Manager Premium & CM7 nightlies. I need advice.

JokerSeven

Reaction score
I thought this would be the easiest way to apply the nightlies, but now I'm not so sure.

How can I download and install CM7 nightlies using ROM Manager Premium and not wipe data everytime?

Once the download is complete a pre-Install window pops up with check boxes asking you to...
1. Back up existing ROM
2. Wipe data & cache
3. Wipe dalvik cache

But I dont want to wipe data.....not everytime.

After it downloads I could just reboot into recovery & install from SD card but I can't find where ROM manager places the download.
How do most for you do it?
I know I could just dl it to the SD & install from there. I'm trying to get my money's worth out of ROM Manager Premium.
Please advise.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Uncheck wipe data/cache? You really only need to wipe dalvik when flashing an update of the same ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
J

JokerSeven

Reaction score
Thanks. I did not know I could get away with wiping delvik only.

Htown315

Reaction score
That's incorrect. You need to wipe cache. Dalvik cache does not need to be wiped. Best bet is to dl and install manually from SD while wiping cache.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I do it manually. After downloading the zip file for the nightly, I place the zip on the root of the micro sd card and then use ROM Manager to boot into clockworkmod recovery. Once in recovery mode, I make a nandroid backup, wipe cache, wipe Dalvik cache, mount system, install zip from SD card, and then reboot. My settings and data, with the exception of my system font and the text in the notication bar, remain intact every time.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
J

JokerSeven

Reaction score
When installing from SD, do you flash the google apps each time too ?

Htown315

Reaction score
Ya I leave the gapps zip in my dl folder and flash it right after I flash the rom. No need to move the zips to the root of the SD, I do all my all my flashing right from the dl folder.

pressguy27

Reaction score
As long you don't wipe data you don't have to flash gapps after flashing a nightly. You can if you want to but Its not needed.

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7

C_BlazE

Reaction score
I use ROM Manager, I Always download Gapps and the nightly, just wipe dalvik and I have never had a problem. I did wipe cache once and went to a black screen boot. And did not include the gapps and they were gone. and any changes you made to system apps will have to be re done ie pushing the MIUI cam to the system/app folder

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
As long you don't wipe data you don't have to flash gapps after flashing a nightly. You can if you want to but Its not needed.

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7

That's right! If you don't wipe data, you do not have to reload gapps...

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's right! If you don't wipe data, you do not have to reload gapps...

You /can/ wipe data as long as you're not flashing an update or a new ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

LtotheBoogie

Reaction score
Hello,

I can't seem to find the nightlies in my ROM Manager Premium. I am now on version 4.4.0.5, but the previous version is not showing the nightlies either.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!!