[ROM] LiquidSmooth 4.2.2 for the Razr HD XT926 & XT925

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LiquidSmooth is one of the fav roms so after moving to the Razr HD a few weeks ago I set out to bring it to my new device. Big thanks to the LiquidSmooth Team and to the Razrqcom-Dev-Team, their sources were used to bring this rom together. I can't say that I am a very knowledgeable developer but sure am having fun trying to learn.

You must be unlocked and use Gapps for 4.2. Whatever you do to your device is your own responsibility. I suggest you have a backup and be prepared to flash back to stock if you encounter a major issue. Be sure to wipe before first install and I have been using TWRP recovery. Seems some users have reported issues using CWM. When you flash the script will still erase the current system and then mount-flash the new one. Don't manually mount system when flashing.

Get it here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

05/28 - Not waking issue seems to be fixed now
Fix audio loss issue when disconnecting a headset
Kernel version now 3.0.80 thanks to dhacker29 and the razr-qcom-dev-team with over clocking.
Liquid version 2.5 see changelog here: LIQUIDSMOOTH v2.5 CHANGELOG - Pastebin.com
06/07 - Liquid version 2.6
Sound search app working
Overclocking a bit more stable - thanks to SkrilaxCZ
06/17 Lots of changes in the past week. The following should work but may be buggy (especially HALO, yes the PA Halo)
Kernel version 3.0.82
Camcorder
HDMI out
HALO (Thanks PA!)

07/01 - Pretty much bugless! Official support is now here for this and other moto msm8960 based phones. Builds should start showing up under liquidsmooth in goo. I will still be running some of my own using bytecode's kernel. So you can try both versions. Version 2.8 should be out today-tonight. Change log: http://pastebin.com/Bfj30Nqq

About Halo:
Features:

- Apps open up in floating state, apps underneath do not pause
- complete SystemUI & Core integration, making HALO feel like a native feature, source/SDK and UI/UX
- HALO has white and blacklists, which for now allow fine control for apps pinging through HALO
- multiple gestures to navigate HALO:
- double-tap-move: move
- tap-drag-left/right: task through notifications, finger up launches
- tap-drag-up: dismiss notification
- tap-drag-down: put HALO into semi-hidden state
- swipe while HALO is hidden wakes it up
- drag-to-X to remove HALO altogether
- comes with as few settings as possible, everything should be self explanatory and intutive,
users must be informed about the double-tap gestures which is the only catch.

Sources
Everything I have done is posted on github: https://github.com/jsnweitzel?tab=repositories
Team liquidsmooth here: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth
Razr-qcom-dev-team here: https://github.com/razrqcom-dev-team

Have Fun!

Last edited:

danetbra63

Reaction score
One thing with this rom is that you DO NOT mount the system or else the rom will not flash properly.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Awesome. :thumbup:

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

chucklehead

Reaction score
I've been enjoying this ROM for several days now and have been completely satisfied!!
Great job!!

theyer3

Reaction score
great ROM runs perfectly smooth. best one i've found by far and i'm glad there's constant support/updates for it.

rebretz000

Reaction score
Just downloaded LS 2.5, i assume that 2.4 was the lastest build just cause of the image out front. I was running 2.4 I got from DHackers downloads, but had some random reboots and what not. Can't wait to flash this.

One question... I noticed your XT926 builds are 20 MB smaller than DHackers and also the XT925... is that all good?

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
New builds up, sound search (google.ears) works now. Will update the op tomorrow.

theyer3

Reaction score
flashed and running smooth. sound search works great. pretty sure this is the only rom that has that working so major props to you man. you get that camcorder working and youll be a god among men :biggrin:

gerngaus

Reaction score
Love this rom. have had random boots last few days. hopefully update helps with that. great job!!!